Ford Motor Company is recalling the Ford Escape and Mercury Mariner SUVs equipped with the 3.0L V-6 engine due to an issue with the Fuel Delivery Module.
The defect: the Fuel Delivery Module (FDM) may crack, causing a fuel leak.
The hazards: a fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source increases the risk of a fire.
- 2010-2012 Ford Escape vehicles manufactured February 26, 2009 to April 29, 2012 equipped with the 3.0L V-6 engine
- 2010-2011 Mercury Mariner vehicles manufactured February 25, 2009 to December 12, 2010 equipped with the 3.0L V-6 engine
Number of vehicles affected: 329,265 (United States figure).
The fix: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the FDM flange with one that has a redesigned fuel supply port, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin December 12, 2016.
Owners should: owners who wish to know if their vehicle is included in this Ford Escape and Mercury Mariner recall can visit http://owner.ford.com and click on Safety Recalls at the bottom of the page. There, they can enter their Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to see any open safety, compliance or emissions recalls, as well as customer satisfaction programs.
Owners may also contact Ford customer service using the information below.
- Ford Customer Service: 1-866-436-7332
- Ford Recall Number: 16S41
- NHTSA Toll Free: 1-888-327-4236
- NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Website: www.safecar.gov
- NHTSA Campaign Number: 16V777000