Ford EcoSport Sales - May 2018 - United StatesIn the United States, Ford EcoSport deliveries totaled 5,481 units in May 2018. Retail sales increased 65 percent.
In the first five months of the year, EcoSport sales totaled 16,854 units.
|MODEL||MAY 2018 / MAY 2017||MAY 2018||MAY 2017||YTD 2018 / YTD 2017||YTD 2018||YTD 2017|
The Ford Authority Take
The EcoSport’s May sales performance is quite promising, and is likely caused by a combination of the following factors:
- Initial launch inertia associated with a new model
- Improved retail-level availability (resulting in the improved retail sales)
- Healthy fleet sales
- A growing crossover utility vehicle market
However, we have concerns about the model’s long-term sales performance in the U.S. market. Though the EcoSport is a solid vehicle, it is not the most competitive in its segment, which is becoming ever more competitive with new entrants from Hyundai (Kona), Nissan (Kicks), Jeep (Compass) and potentially Kia (Stonic) entering the fray with segment stalwarts such as the Chevy Trax, Buick Encore, Honda HR-V, Toyota C-HR and Jeep Renegade. As such, we imagine that Ford will need to replace the current, first-gen EcoSport with an all-new model sooner rather that later, in order to be more competitive in this space.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Ford EcoSport May 2017 sales
- There were 26 selling days in May 2018 and 25 selling days in May 2017
More Information & Sales Reporting
- Ford EcoSport info
- Ford Motor Company news
- Running Ford Motor Company sales numbers
- U.S. Ford Motor Company May 2018 sales results