Since going on sale across Europe at the start of the summer, the new Ford Focus has already earned 12 awards, including two car of the year titles. Ford has sold more than 42,000 all-new Focus cars year to date as of November, in countries throughout Europe. Not only does Europe love the the new Ford Focus, but they also love the ST-Line variant, which has accounted for more than 40 percent of sales.
Other reasons to love the new Ford Focus include new colors like Chrome Blue and Desert Island Blue, the new 8-speed automatic transmission, and advanced driver assistance technology. The new Ford Focus is also offered the Active five-door wagon variant for European buyers, providing more optimized interior space. New models can be specified in Titanium and Vignale trims, giving the Focus a more stylish and upscale feel than any previous car.
“Media, motoring experts and–most importantly–customers are full of praise for our all-new Focus, and that’s reflected in both variety of awards the car is winning and the rate at which they’re flying out of showrooms,” said Glen Goold, Focus chief program engineer, Ford of Europe. “To be considered the best in such a competitive segment is a very high level of praise.”
Awards given to the Focus so far in 2018 include Car of the Year in Finland and Croatia, Belgian Family Car of the Year, Irish Car of the Year for a compact car, and best compact car in Bulgaria after winning the Autobild Golden Wheels Award. Focus didn’t stop there, and took home seven additional awards from the United Kingdom to the Czech Republic. See the complete list below:
- Car of the Year 2019 – Finland
- Car of the Year 2019 – Croatia
- Belgian Family Car of the Year (two price categories) – Belgium
- Irish Car of the Year awards: Small/Compact Car of the Year – Ireland
- Autobild Golden Wheels Award: Best Compact car – Bulgaria
- BusinessCar Awards: Best Lower-Medium Car – U.K.
- Parkers New Car Awards 2019: Best Small Family Car – U.K.
- 2018 Scottish Car of the Year Awards: Best Family Car – Scotland
- Auto Zeitung Auto Trophy 2018: Compact category winner – Germany
- Great Austrian Automobile Prize: Start category winner – Austria
- Entrepreneurs Car of the Year – Spain
- Czech Republic Fleet Awards 2018: Benefit category winner – Czech Republic