The value of Ford stock fell roughly 3 percent or $0.22 during the January 14th, 2019 thru January 19th, 2019 timeframe, closing the week at $8.58 per share.
The shares had the following highlights during the week:
- Monday, January 14th: Ford shares opened the day (and week) at $8.8 and closed at $8.99
- Tuesday, January 15th: Ford stock opened at $9.02, and closed at $8.84
- Wednesday, January 16th: Ford stock opened at $8.68, and closed at $8.29
- Thursday, January 17th: Ford Motor Company stock opened at $8.27, and climbed to $8.36 at market close
- Friday, January 18th: opens at $8.39 and rises slightly to close at $8.58, which is $0.24 lower than last week
Overall, it wasn’t a great week for Ford shareholders, considering the 3 percent slide in the value of Ford stock. By comparison, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles experienced slight growth this week, climbing to $16.78. Meanwhile, General Motors shares grew over 3 percent to $38.61 per share.
It will be interesting to see how Ford stock fairs in 2019 given the somewhat recent (and potentially drastic) decisions by the automaker to optimize its business performance that include discontinuing all sedans and focusing on more profitable crossovers, SUVs and pickup trucks in North America.