The value of Ford stock rose slightly during the February 18th, 2019 – February 22nd, 2019 timeframe, closing the week at $8.53 per share, which represents an increase of 2 percent or $0.18 per share compared to the opening value for the week of $8.53.
The shares experienced the following movement during the week:
- Monday, January 18th: market closed for President’s Day holiday
- Tuesday, January 19th: Ford stock opens the day (and the week) at $8.53 and closed at $8.83
- Wednesday, January 20th: Ford stock opened at $8.83, and closed at $8.94
- Thursday, January 21st: Ford Motor Company stock opened at $8.94, and fell to $8.71 at market close after almost hitting the $9 mark
- Friday, February 22nd: opened at $8.73 and fell slightly to close at $8.71, which is $0.17 higher than last week
Overall, it wasn’t a particularly notable week for Ford shareholders, though a net positive one considering the growth in Ford stock value, however slight. By comparison, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles shares fell $0.02 this week, while the value of GM stock grew for the seventh consecutive week.
It will be interesting to see how Ford stock fairs in 2019 given the recent decisions by the automaker to optimize its business for the long-term by discontinuing all sedans and focusing on more profitable crossovers, SUVs and pickup trucks in the North American market, while at the same time beginning to invest heavily in very costly autonomous vehicles and technologies.