The value of Ford stock remained steady during the January 28th, 2019 – February 1st, 2019 timeframe, closing the week at $8.72 per share. The stock closed the week $0.08 lower than its opening value for the week of $8.80.
The shares experienced the following movement during the week:
- Monday, January 28th: Ford stock opened the day and the week at $8.80 and closed at $8.66
- Tuesday, January 29th: Ford stock opened at $8.71 and closed at $8.76
- Wednesday, January 30th: Ford stock opened at $8.66, and closed at $8.71
- Thursday, January 31st: Ford Motor Company stock opened at $8.62, and climbed to $8.80 at market close
- Friday, February 1st: opened at $8.79 and fell slightly to close at $8.72, which is $0.14 lower than last week
Overall, it wasn’t a particularly notable or exciting week for Ford shareholders, considering the decline in Ford stock value, however slight. By comparison, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles experienced notable growth this week, climbing into the $17 threshold, while the value of GM stock continued to rally.
It will be interesting to see how Ford stock fairs in 2019 given the recent decisions by the automaker to optimize its business performance, including discontinuing all sedans and focusing on more profitable crossovers, SUVs and pickup trucks in the North American market.