Ford Explorer sales decreased 23 percent to 19,586 units in December 2018, despite current market trends, which strongly favor crossovers and SUVs over sedans. So in what could be an effort to persuade buyers to choose the outgoing Explorer over the competition, a new Ford discount reduces the price of the 2019 Explorer by $2,000 in March 2019.
The nationwide Ford discounts on the 2019 Explorer for March 2019 are as follows:
- 2019 Explorer: $1,000 customer cash + $500 auto show consumer cash + $500 VIN specific inventory customer cash = $2,000 total discount. This discount is good thru April 1, 2019.
- 2019 Explorer: 2.9 percent APR for 60 months through Ford Credit Financing for well-qualified buyers. This discount is good thru March 31, 2019.
However, those interested should know that these incentives are only applicable to vehicles that arrived at dealer lots at least 61 days prior to the sale date.
For reference, here are the applicable 2019 Explorer trim levels and their corresponding starting MSRPs, including destination charge:
- Base – $33,460
- XLT -$35,495
- Limited – $43,860
- Sport – $47,720
- Platinum – $55,260
The $2,000 Ford discount brings the starting price of a 2019 Ford Explorer XLT to just $33,495, while the starting price of the the base model falls to $31,460. Meanwhile, the starting price of the Explorer Platinum falls to $53,260.
Ford is gearing up to replace the current model with the all-new, 2020 Explorer. As such, this could also be a way to incentivize sales of the current model for customers who might be holding out for the next-gen.
- Must take delivery from an authorized Ford dealer’s stock by April 1, 2019, unless specified otherwise.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Residency restrictions apply.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. Ford Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.