The value of Ford stock remained stable during the February 25th, 2019 – March 1st, 2019 timeframe, closing the week at $8.79 per share, which represents a minimal increase of 0.2 percent or $0.02 per share compared to the opening value for the week of $8.77.
The shares experienced the following movement during the week:
- Monday, February 25th: Ford stock opened the day (and the week) at $8.77 and closed at $8.76
- Tuesday, February 26th: Ford stock opened at $8.75 and closed at $8.88
- Wednesday, February 27th: Ford stock opened at $8.83, and closed at $8.78
- Thursday, February 28th: Ford Motor Company stock opened at $8.77, and closed at $8.77
- Friday, March 1st: opened at $8.82 and fell slightly to close at $8.79, which is $0.07 higher than last week
Overall, it wasn’t a particularly noteworthy week for Ford shareholders, though a net positive one considering the growth in Ford stock value, however slight. By comparison, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles shares fell $0.29 this week, while the value of GM stock fell for the first time after seven consecutive weeks of growth.
It will be interesting to see how Ford stock fairs in 2019 given the recent decisions by the automaker to optimize its business for the long-term by discontinuing all sedans and focusing on more profitable crossovers, SUVs and pickup trucks in the North American market, while at the same time beginning to invest heavily in very costly autonomous vehicles and technologies.