Ford Focus sales decreased 70 percent to 10,349 units in the first quarter of 2019, an unsurprising turn of events given that production of the compact car range for North American markets ended at the Ford Michigan Assembly Plant in May of 2018. To add insult to injury, the new Ford Focus Active that was supposed to arrive for the 2020 model year vehicle has been canceled for the U.S. – (sadly) leaving those desiring a car (rather than a crossover) to buy from a brand other than Ford.
In the meantime, The Blue Oval still needs to move units of the 2018 model year Focus, so in what could be an effort to clear out remaining inventory in a quick fashion, a Ford discount reduces the price of the 2018 Focus by $4,000 in April 2019.
Nationwide Ford discounts on the compact Focus range for April 2019 are as follows:
- Purchase incentive: $4,000 retail incentive; may require financing with Ford Credit Financing
- Financing incentive: 0 percent APR for 60 months for shoppers who qualify for Ford Credit Financing
- Lease: SE Automatic model for 36 months at $169/month and $1,869 due at signing, security deposit waived
For reference, here are the applicable 2018 Focus trim levels and their corresponding starting MSRPs, including destination charge:
- S – $19,700
- SE – $20,995
- SEL – $23,220
- Titanium – $26,020
- SE – $21,415
- SEL – $22,545
- Titanium – $25,345
- ST – $26,045
The $4,000 Ford discount brings the starting price of a 2018 Ford Focus SE Sedan model to just $15,700, which is even more affordable than a regularly priced S model.
It’s worth noting that the discounts exclude Focus RS and Electric models.
- Must take delivery from an authorized Ford dealer’s stock by April 30, 2019.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Residency restrictions apply.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. Ford Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.