2020 Ford Escape
The Ford Escape is expected to be completely overhauled (redesigned and re-engineered) for the 2020 model year, representing the fourth generation of the Escape nameplate.
Following is speculative and unconfirmed information about the 2020 Ford Escape. This page is a continuous work-in-progress and will be updated on a regular basis as we await official details from Ford.
If you notice any inaccuracies about the information provided, or have edits to suggest, please let us know here.
2020 Ford Escape Photos
2020 Ford Escape
2020 Ford Escape Expectations
Following are our expectations of the 2020 Ford Escape:
- All-new exterior and interior design
- All-new platform
- Two models to broaden the Escape range (see “body styles” section below)
2020 Escape Spy Shots & Leaks
The 2020 Ford Escape has been spotted several times undergoing testing:
- April 2018: smaller two-row version spy pictures with plenty of camouflage
- March 2018: Ford Escape test mule spotted in Europe
2020 Ford Escape Body Styles
It’s expected that the 2020 Ford Escape will be offered in two body styles for the fourth generation:
- The first will be slightly larger that the third-generation model with a third row seat option; this model will retain the Escape name
- The second will be a slightly smaller and sportier than the third-generation model with two rows of seating; this model will potentially be designed as “Escape Sport” or “Escape Mini”
2020 Ford Escape Platform
The 2020 Ford Escape will ride on the all-new scalable Ford front-drive platform. The transverse-engine, front-drive architecture will also be shared with all other front-drive Ford Motor Company vehicles.
2020 Ford Escape Powertrain
The 2020 Ford Escape is expected to be powered by a series of small-displacement three-cylinder and four-cylinder gasoline and diesel engines, depending on market. A plug-in hybrid variant is also expected.
2020 Ford Escape Production
The 2020 Ford Escape will be assembled at global Ford Motor Company plants, including in North America, Europe (as the Kuga) and China. Production in Russia and South America is also possible.
2020 Ford Escape Availability
We expect the 2020 Ford Escape to launch in the second or third quarter of the 2019 calendar year. A debut some time in 2018 calendar year is likely.
We expect that the fourth-generation Escape will be introduced for the 2020 model year and live on thru at least through the 2026 model year.
See our running Ford Escape sales tracker.
Discuss the 2020 Ford Escape in our Ford forum.
Follow our coverage of Ford Escape news.