• We are currently looking for experienced automotive journalists and editors to join our team.  Make $60k-$80k per year doing what you love. We are also looking for an experienced forum moderator to join our team. See details here. ×

Ford Super Duty’s New 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel Offers Supreme Longevity

Sponsored Links

New for 2017 F-650 and F-750 Ford Super Duty models is a durable 6.7-liter Power Stroke diesel V8 engine, engineered for maximum longevity and tested to prove it.

In fact, dynamometer testing has revealed a statistically-proven lifespan of 500,000 miles or more; that’s the estimated service span before 10 percent of engines might need significant work requiring the removal of the cylinder heads or oil pan. The other 90 percent of Ford Super Duty trucks with this same 6.7-liter Power Stroke ought to require only basic attention through this mileage.

Ford says that this estimated service life is longer than a round trip to the moon and back.

The Ford Super Duty’s all-new 6.7-liter diesel is available with three different power levels: 270 horsepower (with 675 lb-ft of torque), 300 horsepower (700 lb-ft), and 330 horsepower (725 lb-ft). Ford boasts that the engine is as much as 25 percent quieter at 60 mph than the mill it replaces, and up to 45 percent quieter at idle from inside the cabin.

F-650 and F-750 customers help keep America moving,” said Ford Commercial Vehicle Sales and Marketing Manager John Ruppert. “We’re here to make sure they can with our all-new medium-duty trucks – whether that’s trucking freight from Los Angeles to New York, or helping keep the lights on in your neighborhood.”

Sponsored Links

Subscribe to Ford Authority
For around-the-clock Ford news coverage

We'll send you one email per day with the latest Ford updates.

It's totally free.

  • Want to see your Ford vehicle or build featured on Ford Authority? We welcome your submissions. See here for details. ×

Written by Aaron Brzozowski

Aaron Brzozowski is a writer and motoring enthusiast from Detroit with an affinity for '80s German steel. He is not active on the Twitter these days, but you may send him a courier pigeon.

Sponsored Links

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

An Original 1966 Ford Shelby GT350-H Mustang Sold… On Craigslist

Ford Transit Connect Becomes Rolling Cartoon Character In Metro Detroit