Sygic Navigation Users Can Now Project The App On The SYNC 3 Screen

The Sygic smartphone navigation app has just become the first GPS app to partner with Ford, offering seamless integration of the app with Ford’s SYNC 3 infotainment system.

When a smartphone running Sygic is paired with SYNC 3 via a USB cable, the map generated is projected on the Ford vehicle’s touchscreen, and full control of the program is remitted to SYNC 3. Voice controls are also linked, and ultimately, this all means that the driver should never need to pick up and look at his or her smartphone while using it for navigation, and driver distraction should be kept to a minimum.

The Sygic navigation app has more than 150 million users, and is available in more than 200 countries in around 40 different languages. It’s available for both iOS and Android devices.

“With most Americans now using a smartphone, and the majority of those using it for navigation, Ford is proud to introduce this new capability,” says Ford Executive Director of Connected Vehicle and Services Don Butler. “We expect this option for mobile navigation will help boost safety by keeping drivers’ eyes on the road and their hands on the wheel.”

A 2015 Pew Research Center study found that of the 1,600 participating smartphone users in the US, 31 percent use their smartphones for navigation frequently, and a full 67 percent do so at least occasionally.

Aaron Brzozowski is a writer and motoring enthusiast from Detroit with an affinity for '80s German steel. He is not active on the Twitter these days, but you may send him a courier pigeon.

We'll send you one email per day with the latest Ford updates.
It's totally free.

Comments

1. Tim Mokry

I tried to use the Sygic Navigation system on my 2016 F150 with Sync-3. It would not display on the screen. What could be the problem?

1. Robert Price

I am having the same issue with my 2016 F150 . I down loaded the app , it works fine on my phone but will not display on the sync screen. Please advise .

1. Quan

Make sure your on sync version 3.0 first

1. M

Newest version is 2.3

2. Rich LaFay

Same here. Has anyone come up with an answer?

1. will

I had the same problem. I was using a after market cord. As soon as i hooked it up with a actual samsung cord it worked perfectly.
        Hope this helps

3. Vinayak

Hi…had a mail from Sygic stating that you should upgrade the system to SYNC 3 version 2.3. Unfortunately official 2.3 version is still not available for upgrade.

1. Rich

Wow certainly does not say much for Fords advertising. I paid for Sygic and sure would like to use it

4. will

2. Sharon Avey

Could you please send how to sync the Sygic from out smartphone to our 2015 Explorer…can you do that without the navigation on screen , would like to know how as we have downloaded Sygic to phone…..thank you

3. Gary

I can not find a single nav app that works on my 2016 F150.
    Sygic does not display properly either.

I am extremely disappointed with Ford. Their advertising is misleading.

1. Robert

I have the same problem, everyone at the dealership I spoke with told me when i bought my 2016 f150 last December that smart phones would integrate by May . They are apparent liars , anything to sell a vehicle u guess. I am also very disappointed with Ford and the local dealership. doubt I will buy another one .

2. Tim Mokry

Make sure that you have the most current version of Sync loaded into your system. It must be Version 2. In order to get Apply Carplay to work on my 2016 F150 with Sync 3, I also had to upgrade the USB module that my iPhone plugs into for connection.
      Apple Maps works great on my Sync 3 system since I have upgrade the software version and the USB interface module.

1. Rich LaFay

Tim
        I had to do the same thing (update the software and change the hub) and your correct Apple Maps works fine but I still can’t get sygic to work on my display only even though when I called Ford they told me I had to do the updates in order to get it to work. I like the format I see on my phone and believe I would prefer it over Apple Maps and was wondering if you had any luck making it work
        Rich

1. Tim Mokry

Rich: I have had no luck getting Sygic to work on my Sync 3 system even with the latest software updates.

Thanks
          Tim

2. Gary

OK, Tim. How do yo upgrade the software and the usb module?

1. Tim Mokry

Go to the following Ford website:

If haven’t registered your vehicle, you may need to do that first. You can then following the Sync update prompts and it will walk you through the steps to download the latest software onto a USB thumbdrive and it gives step by step instructions to transfer to your vehicle through the USB iPhone connection point.
          You will need to purchase and install the Carplay compatible USB module. Part No. HC3Z-19A387-B. I purchased mine through the Ford Parts website for about $70. You can do a Youtube search for a video on how to remove the existing USB module and install the upgraded module. The hardest part for me was pulling the module out of the console. I bought some trim removal tools from Autozone to help pry the module out. Once the module is out there are two wiring connections to unplug. Overall a pretty easy job to perform.

4. Vinayak

How to synchronize Sygic with sync 3 on 2017 explorer

5. Micky J

Same in UK using sync 3. Sygic are the worst offenders constantly advertising that this will work effortlessly………Well it clearly f****ng doesn’t. Sygic or ford don’t seem to be any help on the subject either so if they can’t get it to work properly then what chance have no got…..Plug and play my arse

6. Quan

i managed to get this working in my 2017 ford explorer i live in the UK so my stock nav doesn’t have the correct maps and i couldn’t update my sync 3 through ford wifi it always said i was up to date even though i was i only on 2.0……..anyway did some digging managed to find and download sync 3 3.0 updated my system and sure enough sygic works as described

7. Amine

I have got Sygic to work on my Sync 3 (V3.0) – the interface mirrors quite nicely, however, there’s a terrible lag when driving around with Sygic Car Navigation on, it would always show me like couple of blocks behind.
    I tried doing all the regular trick: turn it off then back on, restart the app, unplug the USB then back … nothing seems to work.

I contacted Sygic, as it seems that this is definitely an issue with the software – the Sync 3 unit works like a charm with 3rd party map providers (Ie – Google maps & Waze – when hooking an Android)

To be continued…

8. Tim Mokry

Hi to all. I’m trying to upgrade my Sync software to Version 3.0 When I try to upload the new software into my vehicle, I get a error code: MEM_ERR03. Any ideas on what this means and how to get around it?

1. Vinayak

Just press reset in setting and try connect Sygic again…if doesn’t work, upload version 3.0 again through USB.

9. Chaz

I have the 4 inch screen I’m assuming sync in 2016 F-150… any idea from anyone if this app will work.. thanks

10. Darlene Ernst

Will this work in a 2013 Escape with sync 3?

11. elchucko

Sync 3 ver 3.0; Samsun with Android 9…..does not connect to the Infomation Center.

12. elchucko

Sync 3 ver 3.0; Samsung with Android 9…..does not connect to the Infomation Center.