One US Contractor Has Been Using Ford Trucks For 94 Years

Sponsored Links

Henkels & McCoy, a Pennsylvania-based infrastructure engineering and construction contractor, has been using Ford trucks to get work done for more than 94 years.

Henkels & McCoy started trusting its business to Ford trucks way back when the firm was founded, in 1923. The company has grown substantially since then, to more than 5,000 employees, with a fleet of over 3,000 Ford F-Series trucks that help in constructing and maintaining power and communications infrastructure, oil and gas pipelines, and more.

“Ford trucks are tough, and have helped us work efficiently for 94 years,” says Henkels & McCoy Director of Fleet Operations Bill Kokemor. “The Ford dealerships and related facilities that maintain our equipment are outstanding, and that’s led to us having great uptime with our trucks.”

The light-duty Ford F-150 constitutes about 40 percent of the contractor’s fleet, while the Super Duty makes up the other 60 percent. Henkels & McCoy is currently in the process of updating its fleet of F-Series Super Duties to new, 2017 models, including four-wheel-drive F-250s and F-450s, as well as F-750 chassis cabs.

“Since our first Super Duty arrived in 1999, we’ve found the best thing about this highly capable truck is its long-term dependability and ease of upfitting for our vocational fleet,” Kokemor says. “Upfitters really appreciate the clean chassis Ford produces, as well as the placement of the electrical and mounting equipment – which is located exactly where we need it most.”

Sponsored Links

Written by Aaron Brzozowski

Aaron Brzozowski is a writer and motoring enthusiast from Detroit with an affinity for '80s German steel. He is not active on the Twitter these days, but you may send him a courier pigeon.

Sponsored Links

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trump Confirms EPA Will Reopen CAFE Standards Midterm Review

Holley Demonstrates Its Hooker Blackheart Exhaust For 4.6L Ford Mustang Models: Video