Ford Edge Sales - November 2017 - United StatesIn the United States, Ford Edge deliveries totaled 13,180 units in November 2017, an increase of about 23 percent compared to 10,757 units sold in November 2016.
In the first eleven months of the year, Edge sales increased about 6 percent to 128,943 units.
|MODEL||NOV 2017 / NOV 2016||NOVEMBER 2017||NOVEMBER 2016||YTD 2017 / YTD 2016||YTD 2017||YTD 2016|
The Ford Authority Take
After posting record-setting sales numbers for June, July, September and October, Ford Edge sales set another monthly record in November.
The performance places the Edge in fifth place in its general segment in terms of overall November sales volume. The model was outsold by its its larger cousin, the Ford Explorer (see Ford Explorer sales) as well as by the Toyota Highlander, Jeep Grand Cherokee (see Jeep Grand Cherokee sales) and Honda Pilot. The Edge outsold the Hyundai Santa-Fe, Chevy Traverse (see Chevy Traverse sales), GMC Acadia (see GMC Acadia sales), Nissan Murano, Kia Sorento, Nissan Pathfinder, Buick Enclave (see Buick Enclave sales), Dodge Durango (see Dodge Durango sales), Volkswagen Atlas (see VW Atlas sales), Dodge Journey (see Dodge Journey sales), Mitsubishi Outlander and Mazda CX-9.
We attribute the Edge’s record-setting November sales performance to the following factors:
- A competitive model that represents an attractive overall package
- Healthy offers to incentivize moving inventory units
- A continuous change in consumers’ vehicle buying dynamics as car buyers continue to switching to crossover utility vehicles (CUVs) and sport utility vehicles (SUVs) from other vehicle types like sedans
Sales Numbers - Midsize & Full-Size Mainstream Crossovers - November 2017 - United States
|MODEL||NOV 17 / NOV 16||NOVEMBER 17||NOVEMBER 16||YTD 17 / YTD 16||YTD 17||YTD 16|
The mainstream mid- and full-size crossover segments, comprised of CUVs with a starting price of $30,000, saw sales increase 14 percent in November and 7 percent in the first 11 months of 2017.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Ford Edge November 2016 sales
- In the United States, there were 25 selling days in November 2017 and 25 selling days in November 2016
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Ford Motor Company news
- Running Ford Motor Company sales numbers
- U.S. Ford Motor Company November 2017 sales results