Ford F-Series Sales - November 2017 - United StatesIn the United States, Ford F-Series deliveries totaled 72,769 units in November 2017, an increase of about 1 percent compared to 72,089 units sold in November 2016. The performance represents the model's best November sales performance since 2001.
In the first eleven months of the year, F-Series sales increased about 10 percent to 807,379 units.
|MODEL||NOV 2017 / NOV 2016||NOVEMBER 2017||NOVEMBER 2016||YTD 2017 / YTD 2016||YTD 2017||YTD 2016|
The Ford Authority Take
Ford F-Series sales continue to impress, posting their best November sales performance since 2001. Not only that, but demand for high-series models such as the King Rang, Platinum, Limited and Raptor was “strong” during the month, according to Ford. The performance enables the F-Series to remain the undisputed king of the U.S. full-size pickup truck space, outselling all other rivals including:
- GM’s Chevrolet Silverado (up 2.56 percent to 46,441 units; see Chevy Silverado sales)
- Ram Pickup (down a slight 0.46 percent to 36,714 units; see Ram Pickup sales)
- GM’s GMC Sierra Sierra (down 4.04 percent to 18,136 units; see GMC Sierra sales)
- Toyota Tundra (up 1.27 percent to 9,700 units)
- Nissan Titan (up 130 percent to 7,679 units)
- Honda Ridgeline (down 25 percent to 2,610 units)
Ford outsold GM (combined Silverado and Sierra sales) by 8,192 units in November, while nearly doubling the sales volume of FCA’s Ram Pickup (by 35,555 units).
We attribute the continued success of the F-Series to the following factors:
- A very competitive offering spanning almost every need, want and desire in the space
- Attractive incentives on existing inventory units
- Healthy fleet and commercial sales
- An uptick in vehicle demand following natural disasters that destroyed many vehicles around the United States
Sales Numbers - Full-Size Mainstream Pickup Trucks - November 2017 - USA
|MODEL||NOV 17 / NOV 16||NOVEMBER 17||NOVEMBER 16||YTD 17 / YTD 16||YTD 17||YTD 16|
- Honda Ridgeline sales are included for informational purposes despite the vehicle straddling the midsize and full-size pickup truck segments.
Sales of the full-size pickup truck segment increased 2.39 percent to 194,049 units in November, with all contenders seeing growth except for Honda. During the first 11 months of 2017, segment sales are up 6 percent to 2,157,526 units, with sales of all models increasing except for the two GM trucks – the Silverado and Sierra.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Ford F-Series November 2016 sales, except as noted
- In the United States, there were 25 selling days in November 2017 and 25 selling days in November 2016
- Ford F-Series sales figures include sales of F-150, F-250 Super Duty, F-350 Super Duty and F-450 Super Duty, along with all possible variants such as Raptor, King Ranch, Platinum, Limited, Chassis Cab
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Ford Motor Company news
- Running Ford Motor Company sales numbers
- U.S. Ford Motor Company November 2017 sales results