The value of Ford stock grew 3 percent or $0.23 during the December 31st, 2018 and January 4th, 2019 timeframe, closing the week at $8.08 per share.
The timeline for the shares were as follows:
- Monday, December 31st: Ford shares open the day (and week) at $7.85 and closed at $8.08
- Tuesday, January 1st: the market was closed on Tuesday due to the New Year holiday
- Wednesday, January 2nd: Ford stock opened at $7.53, and closed at $7.90
- Thursday, January 3rd: Ford Motor Company stock opened at $7.97, and fell to $7.78 at market close
- Friday, January 4th: opens at 7.91 and rallies slightly to $8.08, which is $0.08 higher than last week
Overall, it was a decent week for Ford shareholders, considering the increase in value, however slight. By comparison, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles also experienced slight growth this week, climbing to a penny shy of the $15 threshold. General Motors shares, on the other hand, fell 2 percent to $33.33 per share.
|2018/1/1||Market closed due to New Year's Day|
It will be interesting to see how Ford stock fairs in 2019 given the recent (somewhat drastic) action by the automaker to optimize its business performance, including discontinuing sedans and focusing on more profitable crossovers, SUVs and pickup trucks in North America.