The value of Ford stock grew 3.6 percent or $0.32 during the January 21st, 2019 thru January 25th, 2019 timeframe, closing the week at $8.86 per share.
The shares experienced the following movement during the week:
- Monday, January 21st: market closed due to Martin Luther King Jr. holiday
- Tuesday, January 22nd: Ford stock opened at $8.54 and closed at $8.50
- Wednesday, January 23rd: Ford stock opened at $8.54, and closed at $8.34
- Thursday, January 24th: Ford Motor Company stock opened at $8.32, and climbed to $8.60 at market close
- Friday, January 25th: opened at $8.74 and rose slightly to close at $8.86, which is $0.28 higher than last week
Overall, it was a pretty good week for Ford shareholders, considering the 3.6 percent rebound in the value of Ford stock. By comparison, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles experienced slight growth this week while the value of GM stock stayed consistent.
It will be interesting to see how Ford stock fairs in 2019 given the recent decisions by the automaker to optimize its business performance, including discontinuing all sedans and focusing on more profitable crossovers, SUVs and pickup trucks in the North American market.