The value of Ford stock grew 9 percent or $0.71 during the January 7th, 2019 thru January 11th, 2019 timeframe, closing the week at $8.82 per share.
The shares had the following highlights during the week:
- Monday, January 7th: Ford shares open the day (and week) at $8.11 and closed at $8.29
- Tuesday, January 8th: Ford stock opened at $8.42, and closed at $8.37
- Wednesday, January 9th: Ford stock opened at $8.45, and closed at $8.72
- Thursday, January 10th: Ford Motor Company stock opened at $8.71, and fell to $8.67 at market close
- Friday, January 11th: opens at $8.72 and rises slightly to close at $8.82, which is $0.74 higher than last week
Overall, it was a decent week for Ford shareholders, considering the increase in the value of Ford stock, however slight. By comparison, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles also experienced slight growth this week, climbing to well over the $16 threshold. Meanwhile, General Motors shares grew over 10 percent to $37.18 per share.
It will be interesting to see how Ford stock fairs in 2019 given the recent (and somewhat drastic) action by the automaker to optimize its business performance, including discontinuing sedans and focusing on more profitable crossovers, SUVs and pickup trucks in North America.