Ford Motor Company is recalling three models for blank instrument panel cluster assemblies.
The defect: the instrument panel cluster assembly may be blank upon vehicle startup.
The hazards: a blank instrument cluster can prevent the driver from properly operating the vehicle, resulting in a crash.
Ford is not aware of any reports of accidents or injuries resulting from this condition.
- 2019 Ford Mustang built at Flat Rock Assembly Plant between November 5, 2018 and January 15, 2019
- 2019 Lincoln Nautilus built at Oakville Assembly Plant between November 6, 2018 and December 21, 2018
- 2019 Lincoln Navigator vehicles built at Kentucky Truck Plant between November 4, 2018 and December 15, 2018
Number of vehicles affected: about 4,200 vehicles in the United States and federalized territories and approximately 150 in Canada.
The fix: dealers will update the instrument panel cluster software.
Owners should: Ford owners who wish to know if their vehicle is included in this recall can visit http://owner.ford.com and Lincoln owners can visit http://owner.lincoln.com, and then click on Safety Recalls at the bottom of the page. There, customers can enter their Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to see any open safety, compliance or emissions recalls, as well as customer satisfaction programs.
- Ford Customer Service: 1-800-392-3673
- Lincoln Customer Service: 1-866-436-7332
- FoMoCo Recall Number: 19C03.
- NHTSA Toll Free: 1-888-327-4236
- NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Website: www.safecar.gov
- NHTSA Recall Number: unknown