The value of Ford stock remained steady during the February 4th, 2019 – February 8th, 2019 timeframe, closing the week at $8.39 per share, representing a decline of $0.33 per share than its opening value for the week of $8.72.
The shares experienced the following movement during the week:
- Monday, January 4th: Ford stock opened the day and the week at $8.70 and closed at $8.70
- Tuesday, January 5th: Ford stock opened at $8.68 and closed at $8.75
- Wednesday, January 6th: Ford stock opened at $8.79, and closed at $8.72
- Thursday, January 7th: Ford Motor Company stock opened at $8.62, and climbed to $8.31 at market close
- Friday, February 8th: opened at $8.3 and fell slightly to close at $8.39, which is $0.33 lower than last week
Overall, it wasn’t a particularly notable or exciting week for Ford shareholders, considering the decline in Ford stock value, however slight. By comparison, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles fell this week, dropping below the $15 threshold, while the value of GM stock grew for the fifth consecutive week.
It will be interesting to see how Ford stock fairs in 2019 given the recent decisions by the automaker to optimize its business performance, including discontinuing all sedans and focusing on more profitable crossovers, SUVs and pickup trucks in the North American market, while at the same time beginning to invest heavily in significantly less profitable autonomous vehicles and technologies.