The value of Ford stock rose slightly during the February 11th, 2019 – February 15th, 2019 timeframe, closing the week at $8.54 per share, which represents an increase of 1.5 percent or $0.13 per share compared to the opening value for the week of $8.41.
The shares experienced the following movement during the week:
- Monday, January 11th: Ford stock opened the day and the week at $8.41 and closed at $8.33
- Tuesday, January 12th: Ford stock opened at $8.38 and closed at $8.46
- Wednesday, January 13th: Ford stock opened at $8.45, and closed at $8.41
- Thursday, January 14th: Ford Motor Company stock opened at $8.38, and climbed to $8.42 at market close
- Friday, February 15th: opened at $8.47 and fell slightly to close at $8.54, which is $0.25 higher than last week
Ford stock also gained $0.12, or 1.43 percent, in after hours trading on Friday.
Overall, it wasn’t a particularly notable week for Ford shareholders, though a positive one overall considering the growth in Ford stock value, however slight. By comparison, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles fell $0.21 this week, while the value of GM stock grew for the sixth consecutive week.
We will be interested in seeing how Ford stock fairs in 2019 given the recent decisions by the automaker to optimize its business for the long-term by discontinuing all sedans and focusing on more profitable crossovers, SUVs and pickup trucks in the North American market, while at the same time beginning to invest heavily in very costly autonomous vehicles and technologies.