The value of Ford stock fell during the March 11th, 2019 – March 15th, 2019 timeframe, closing the week at $8.43 per share, which represents a minimal decrease of 0.4 percent or $0.03 per share compared to the opening value for the week of $8.46.
The shares experienced the following movement during the week:
- Monday, March 11th: Ford stock opened the day (and the week) at $8.46 and closed at $8.76
- Tuesday, March 12th: Ford stock opened at $8.65 and closed at $8.57
- Wednesday, March 13th: Ford stock opened at $8.59, and closed at $8.53
- Thursday, March 14th: Ford Motor Company stock opened at $8.52, and closed at $8.41
- Friday, March 15th: opened at $8.43 and closed at $8.43, which is $0.03 higher than last week
Overall, it wasn’t a particularly newsworthy week for Ford shareholders. By comparison, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles shares fell $0.05 this week, while the value of GM stock fell $0.01, though it appears to have grown a few pennies during after hour trading.
We remain interested in seeing how Ford stock fairs in 2019 given the recent decisions by the automaker to optimize its business for the long-term by discontinuing all sedans and focusing on more profitable crossovers, SUVs and pickup trucks in the North American market, while at the same time beginning to invest heavily in very costly autonomous vehicles and technologies.