When it comes time to buy a new muscle car that is aimed at use on the race track, and by the race track, we don’t mean the drag strip; there are only a couple truly purpose-built machines to choose from. One of them is the 2019 Mustang GT Performance Pack Level 2, and the other is the Camaro SS 1LE. The Mustang Performance Pack Level 2 adds a slew of content to the Mustang GT, and a not insignificant amount of money.
Adding the Performance Package Level 2 to your 2019 Mustang GT adds $6,500 to the base price. Items included in the PP2 package:
- 19-inch x10.5-inch (F)/19-inch x 11-inch (R) Dark Tarnish Painted Aluminum Wheels
- 305/30/R19 Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Tires (Summer Only)
- Brembo Six Piston Front Brake Calipers w/Larger Rotors
- “Engine Spun” Aluminum Instrument Panel
- Gauge Pack (Vacuum and Oil Pressure)
- High Performance Front Splitter
- Large Radiator
- MagneRide® Damping System with Track Inspired Calibration
- Strut Tower Brace
- TORSEN® Differential with 3.73 Axle Ratio
- Unique Rear Spoiler
- Unique Track Inspired Chassis, Stability Control, EPAS, and ABS Tuning
- Unique Track Inspired Springs and Sway Bar
Choosing that package locks you into a manual transmission as the 2019 Mustang GT Performance Pack Level 2 isn’t available with the 10-speed automatic. The package also can’t be had with spoiler delete, engine block heater, black accent package, GT Performance Package, mini spare wheel, and tire, or available wheels. The car uses the standard 5.0-liter DOHC Ti-VCT V8 engine making 460 horsepower and 420 pound-foot of torque.
The Camaro has less horsepower with its 6.2-liter V8 engine making 455 horsepower and 455 pound-foot of torque. The Camaro is definitely the harder car to see out of. If you feel like seeing a pair of American muscle cars with track-focused features compared, this video might be the one to watch.