Despite current market trends that strongly favor utility vehicles over sedans, Ford Explorer sales decreased 1.5 percent to 53,306 units in the first quarter of 2019. This slump is likely a result of very strong competition in the mainstream full-size crossover space, as well as all the factors related to the impending launch of the all-new 2020 Explorer, which has garnered a lot of interest since being unveiled earlier this year.
And now, a new Ford rebate reduces the price of the 2019 Explorer by $3,000 in June 2019, likely an effort to move units of the current-generation Explorer before the all-new model launches. It’s worth noting that a similar discount was previously offered in April, and in May.
The nationwide Ford rebate offers on the 2019 Explorer for the month of June 2019 are as follows:
- Cash purchase: $2,500 customer cash + $500 select inventory customer cash = $3,000 total discount. This rebate is good thru July 1st, 2019.
- Financing: 0 percent APR for 60 months through Ford Credit Financing for well-qualified buyers. This Ford rebate is good thru July 1st, 2019.
Those interested should know that these incentives are only applicable to vehicles that arrived at dealer lots at least 61 days prior to the sale date. Additionally, this means that all Ford rebate offers for the Explorer during the month of May are exclusive to current-generation 2019 models, and are not applicable to the all-new 2020 model.
For reference, here are the applicable 2019 Explorer trim levels and their corresponding starting MSRPs, including destination charge:
- Base – $33,460
- XLT -$35,495
- Limited – $43,860
- Sport – $47,720
- Platinum – $55,260
The $3,000 Ford rebate reduces the starting price of a base Explorer to $30,460, that of the 2019 Ford Explorer XLT to $32,495, and the starting price of the Explorer Platinum to $52,260.
As we mentioned previously, Ford is gearing up to replace the current Explorer with the all-new 2020 Explorer. As such, we believe that this Ford rebate is intended to incentivize sales of the current model for customers who might be holding out for the next-gen vehicle.
- Must take delivery from an authorized Ford dealer’s stock by July 1st, 2019, unless specified otherwise.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Residency restrictions apply.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. Ford Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.