Lincoln Mexico sales decreased 4 percent to 144 vehicles in June 2019.
Lincoln sales on an individual model basis were as follows:
- Lincoln Aviator sales totaled 4 units
- Lincoln Continental sales decreased 59 percent to 5 units
- Lincoln MKC sales decreased 31.65 percent to 54 units
- Lincoln Nautilus sales increased 233.33 percent to 40 units
- The Nautilus replaces the MKX in the Lincoln crossover lineup for the 2019 model year
- Lincoln MKZ sales decreased 10 percent to 9 units
- Lincoln Navigator sales decreased 13.51 percent to 32 units
In the first six months of 2019, Lincoln Mexico sales decreased 16 percent to 816 units.
Sales Results - June 2019 - Mexico - Lincoln
|MODEL||JUN 2019 / JUN 2018||JUNE 2019||JUNE 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The Ford Authority Take
It’s very interesting that June 2019 marks the second month that Ford Motor Company records sales of the all-new 2020 Lincoln Aviator in Mexico, with four units sold. The first time was last May, when the automaker reported the sale of the first new Aviator in the country. This is something truly atypical, because the all-new three-row crossover SUV has even been announced for Mexico, and the vehicle has yet to reach American dealers.
What’s likely taking place is that the first pre-production units of the new crossover have arrived in Mexico, and FoMoCo needed to register them and mark them as sold, which is a strange development.
Meanwhile, Lincoln Mexico sales were held up by the Lincoln Nautilus/MKX, and the lineup is really asking for the replacement to the MKC, the new Lincoln Corsair, along with the aforementioned Aviator, to prop us sales volume in the market.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Ford Mexico June 2018 sales, except if noted