Despite current market trends that strongly favor crossovers and SUVs over sedans, Ford Explorer sales decreased 37 percent to 35,374 units in the second quarter of 2019. This slump is likely a result of the ongoing launch of the all-new 2020 Explorer, which went on sale at the end of Q2 after garnering significant interest upon being announced in January.
So, in what could be an effort to move more units of the outgoing-generation Explorer as the all-new model launches, a Ford Explorer discount reduces the price of 2019 models by $3,000 in August 2019. It’s worth noting that a similar discount was previously offered in April, in May, in June, and in July.
The nationwide Ford discount offers on the 2019 Explorer for the month of August 2019 are as follows:
- Cash purchase: $2,500 customer cash + $500 select inventory customer cash = $3,000 total discount. This discount is good thru September 30th, 2019.
- Buyers can also forgo the $500 select inventory customer cash for a model that has arrived more recently than the 61-day cutoff.
- Financing: 0 percent APR for 60 months through Ford Credit Financing for well-qualified buyers. This discount is good thru September 30th, 2019.
Those interested should know that the $500 incentive is only applicable to vehicles that arrived at dealer lots at least 61 days prior to the sale date. Additionally, all Ford discount offers for the Explorer during the month of August are exclusive to last-generation 2019 Explorer models, and are not applicable to the all-new 2020 Explorer.
For reference, here are the applicable 2019 Explorer trim levels and their corresponding starting MSRPs, including destination charge:
- Base – $33,460
- XLT -$35,495
- Limited – $43,860
- Sport – $47,720
- Platinum – $55,260
The $3,000 Ford discount reduces the starting price of a base Explorer to $30,460, that of the 2019 Ford Explorer XLT to $32,495, and the starting price of the Explorer Platinum to $52,260.
As we mentioned previously, the all-new 2020 Explorer recently launched at the beginning of July. As such, we believe that this Ford discount is intended to incentivize sales of the outgoing model for customers who are more interested in taking advantage of the savings instead of having the newest-generation vehicle.
- Must take delivery from an authorized Ford dealer’s stock by September 30th, 2019, unless specified otherwise.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Residency restrictions apply.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. Ford Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.