Ford has spilled its guts when it comes to the Super Duty Tremor off-road package that will be available for the 2020 year model. The Ford Super Duty Tremor package brings off-road capability to the F-250 and F-350 Super Duty trucks with single rear wheels in 4×4 flavor. One key fact that Ford hasn’t officially announced is how much the Super Duty Tremor package will cost.
A new report is making the rounds based on data that surfaced from the Central Florida International Auto Show that claims the Super Duty Tremor package will cost $3,975. That price isn’t confirmed by Ford. Anyone who missed the Tremor package announcement from the summer and isn’t familiar with what all the package adds, the basics of the package are below.
- Aggressive 35-inch Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac maximum-traction tires, the largest diameter tires available on a heavy-duty pickup
- Unique 18-inch matte-black wheels
- 2-inch front-end lift with a shorter air dam
- A rear-end lift of “around 2 inches”, according to Ford engineers
- Progressive-rate springs to balance heavy-duty towing performance needs and to control body motion on rutted, rock-strewn trails
- Specially-tuned rear stabilizer bar for a lower spring rate, enabling less passenger head toss over obstacles during severe suspension articulation
- Custom 1.7-inch piston twin-tube dampers to control body motion
- Locking rear differential with electronic shift-on-the-fly engagement
- New Dana limited-slip front differential; in certain models, the front axle can sense when a tire has lost traction and uses the brakes to send power to the wheel with traction
- Off-road running boards that tuck up next to the body for damage control
- Extended-axle vent tubes
- Rugged skid plates, the same as fitted to FX4 models
The Super Duty Tremor package promises 10.8-inches of ground clearance, 33-inches of water fording capability, and the best approach and departure angles of any Super Duty truck ever made.