Ford recalled certain Ford Fusion and Edge, and Lincoln MKZ and MKX vehicles in the U.S. and Canada over a potential loss of power-steering assist. ford also recently issued another recall on the 2020 Explorer.
The defect: Ford recalled certain Fusion, MKZ, Edge, and MKX vehicles in the U.S. and Canada in states and provinces with high-corrosion conditions for possible detachment of the steering-gear motor from the gear housing.
The hazards: some vehicles didn’t receive a proper application of wax coating and operation in environments with exposure to road salt may experience corrosion of the steering gear motor attachment bolts. This could result in the steering gear coming loose or detaching resulting in loss of power-steering assist.
Affected components: steering gear motor attachment bolts
- 2014-16 Ford Fusion vehicles built at Flat Rock Assembly Plant from Aug. 21st, 2013, through June 14th, 2015
- 2013-16 Ford Fusion vehicles built at Hermosillo Assembly Plant from Aug. 14th, 2012, through June 28th, 2015
- 2013-16 Lincoln MKZ vehicles built at Hermosillo Assembly Plant from Oct. 10th, 2012, through June 28th, 2015
- 2015-16 Ford Edge vehicles built at Oakville Assembly Plant from June 25th, 2014, through June 26th, 2015, and
- 2016 Lincoln MKX vehicles built at Oakville Assembly Plant from Nov. 11th, 2014, through June 26th, 2015.
Number of affected vehicles: Ford recalled 90,646 in the U.S. and federal territories and 8,134 in Canada
The fix: dealers will replace the steering gear motor-attachment bolts and apply wax sealer. If one of more steering gear motor-attachments bolts are broken or missing, dealers will install a new steering gear in the vehicle.
Owners should: contact their local dealership service department or Ford customer service for more details on the vehicles Ford recalled.
- Ford Recall Number: 19S26
- Ford Customer Service: 1-800-392-3673
- NHTSA Toll Free: 1-888-327-4236
- NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Website: www.safecar.gov
Subscribe to Ford Authority for more Recall news and around-the-clock Ford news coverage.
No Comments yet