FordPass Services Are Now Free

One of the big features that Ford has been adding to cars since 2016 for some 2017 year model rides is FordPass connected services. When the services first launched, they were offered via one, two, or five-year trial subscriptions depending on the model year of the vehicle. Ford has now announced the FordPass Connect service is now free.

The move makes Ford the first automaker to offers its remote features to drivers at no cost. The Blue Oval points out that GM’s OnStar costs as much as $14.99 per month after the free 3-month trial with a new car ends. FordPass with FordPass Connect creates a single mobile platform where owners can start/stop/unlock their vehicles remotely.

FordPass also allows the owner to schedule maintenance at participating dealers, schedule start times, and chat with Ford Guides, among other features. FordPass Rewards is also complementary and is Ford’s customer loyalty program. The program allows members to earn points that can be redeemed for complimentary maintenance with the purchase or lease of a new Ford vehicle.

The loyalty program allows the owners to earn points for servicing with the dealership, and they are automatically enrolled in the program when they sign up for FordPass through the app or online. Ford says that all year models equipped with FordPass Connect are now eligible for the service at no cost. The FordPass website hasn’t been updated as of writing and still calls out that a subscription is required.

FordPass remote features operate on the AT&T wireless network, and in areas with poor coverage for that network, remote services may not function. We assume that the free FordPass service will enable access to the Amazon In-Car delivery service in covered areas. Some areas also have a Sparkl cleaning service to clean Ford cars that can be accessed from within the app. In some cities, the app also gives parking details.

Subscribe to Ford Authority for around-the-clock Ford news coverage.

Shane is a car guy with a fondness for Mustangs and off-roading.

Comments

1. Dennis

Is It also work and free for Lincolns

2. Bob Dobson

That’s like offering a free empty paper bag, FordPass has about half the functionality of OnStar and its a very rudimentary App. SYNC3 is one of the most inefficient multimedia platforms in use today. Chrysler U-Connect and GMLink are far superior in functionality, stability, and overall performance. Thanks for nothing Ford

1. Scott

I agree. I’ve had a few Chevy trucks the past 3-5 years and the Onstar is nice to have. And too, you have to buy a ton of maintenance before ever getting enough points for even a free oil change. And Bob, you’re right about
      Sync3, too. My bluetooth connection drops periodically and giving me a free hotspot without any plan is
      without any value. Doesn’t anybody at Ford think this crap through COMPLETELY first?

2. DAVE LARIVIERE

Agreed

3. Prairie Pickle

I agree too… I just found out about this…a year later? WTF? Wish I’d known. I thought maybe they cut my connection off early (I should still have 8 months left on my complimentary service). I never did start up the WiFi HotSpot feature for 3months, then pay AT&T $20/month. Well, this year it’s $25.
      FordPass app didn’t work recently, while the weather is getting cold here. So, more research at the web site leads me to a couple of updates the FordPass app AND Sync3. I don’t know how they expect the app to work when their website isn’t much help either. Absolutely nothing. The previewers at Google Play are more informative on how to fix your connection!
      So YEAH, they best give it to customers free. Why pay for something that is broken more than it works. AND it wouldn’t be so bad if the KEY FOB had a way to remote start your car… it only has lock/unlock your doors and find your car in the parking lot. ………….pffft.

3. Kevin

I bought a 2018 Ford edge sport and Ford pass don’t give me remotely options. How can I get it and can I get it for free

4. Ronny G Workman

I agree with all the bad comments about FordPass . It is crappy. Why can’t ford fix these problems?

5. Leo Lovell

I LOVE THE Ford cars

6. Amy

My 2019 transit connect has no sound, no source option no GPS and the time is always wrong. What’s more is I paid at&t for 2 yrs of wifi and my sync won’t work? Now you tell me uts been free this whole time? And just to make matters worse, my bumper to bumper is less than a 1000 Mike’s away yet my dealership can’t get me in for another month. Wtf? Us I just paid 200.00 for a tow truck to let me into my van! Why? Ford would dispatch a tech for free but it was going to be 2.5 to 3 hrs from when I contacted them. This was at 2 am! Why? My sync doesn’t [email protected]@