Ryan Newman Suffered A Head Injury At Daytona

Sponsored Links

NASCAR fans were thrilled to hear that Ryan Newman was released from the hospital last week after a terrible accident at the Daytona 500 race to kick of the season. Newman walked out of the hospital, accompanied by his wife and two daughters. We also learned last week that Newman wouldn’t be going straight back to the No. 6 Ford Mustang for Roush Fenway Racing as he was being replaced in the car for an undetermined amount of time by Ross Chastain.

This weekend the president of Roush Fenway Racing, Steve Newmark, made an announcement shedding some more light on what Newman was facing and the driver’s plans for the 2020 racing season. The announcement started with Newmark reading a statement that Ryan Newman had prepared. The statement indicated gratitude to the hospital staff that treated him, fans, and the safety features of the Mustang that kept him alive in the accident.

man

Sponsored Links

Newman also said in the statement that he had suffered a head injury in the crash and was continuing to undergo treatment. As we suspected when seeing him walk out of the hospital, Newman says he didn’t suffer any broken bones or internal organ damage. Newmark said that there is no timetable for Newman to return to racing at this time. Newmark indicated that there are “hoops” that Newman must jump through before he can return to racing, noting that the team is taking it one step at a time.

Newman wants to be back in the car according to the race team president, who also noted that Ryan’s “objectives have not changed this year” and that he “still wants to win the 2020 Cup championship.” As for Ross Chastain, Newmark said that talks of putting another driver into the No. 6 Mustang didn’t start until the Tuesday after the wreck when the team knew Newman had non-life-threatening injuries. After that, the team first sought permission from Chip Ganassi Racing owner Chip Ganassi for Chastain to race the car until Newman returns. Newmark noted the arrangement with Chastain is that if the team needs him, he will be available.

Subscribe to Ford Authority for more NASCAR news and around-the-clock Ford news coverage.

Sponsored Links

Source: MRN

Sponsored Links

Subscribe to Ford Authority
For around-the-clock Ford news coverage


We'll send you one email per day with the latest Ford updates.

It's totally free.

  • Want to see your Ford vehicle or build featured on Ford Authority? We welcome your submissions. See here for details. ×

Written by Shane McGlaun

Shane is a car guy with a fondness for Mustangs and off-roading.

Sponsored Links

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Wild 1932 Ford Custom Has A Twin-Turbo Ferrari V8

1942 Ford GPW Helped Fight WWII In The Tunisian Desert