Professional drift racer Vaughn Gittin Jr. set out a decade ago to build Mustangs under the RTR or Ready to Rock moniker that were modified for performance and style. The company is now celebrating a decade of making cars and has announced a special edition that will be built and offered exclusively through Lebanon Ford Performance. The anniversary vehicle is called the Mustang RTR Spec 5, and RTR will make 10 of them.
Each of the 10 Mustang RTR Spec 5 cars will be produced in Lead Foot Gray, with the customer able to choose their accent color. Accent colors include Hyper Lime, Race Red, Orange Fury, Grabber Blue, and Space White. The only images of the special edition car are the renderings seen here and you can see where the accent colors will go.
There has never been a cheap RTR Mustang, these cars all carry a premium. Last year a twin-turbo RTR Mustang was around $75,000. They will cost $50,000 above the base price of the Mustang chosen. They have a long list of components you get for that money. The big addition to the car is a Ford Performance Phase 2 Supercharger that makes 750 horsepower and 670 pound-feet of torque.
The Mustang RTR Spec 5 also comes with upgraded drivetrain components including axle have shafts. It will be fitted with upgraded suspension and a number of other RTR parts. The full list of components is below:
- Ford Performance Phase 2 Supercharger Kit (Produces 750 horsepower/670 lb-ft of torque)
- Upgraded Drive train components including axels half shafts.
- RTR Tactical Performance Coilovers
- Spec 5 widebody Flares
- Leadfoot Grey Exterior paint
- RTR 10th Anniversary Interior accent color
- RTR Upper Grille with LED Lights
- RTR Lower Grille
- RTR Front Chin Spoiler
- RTR Bumper Inserts and Turning Vanes
- RTR Hood Extractor Vents
- RTR Rear Diffuser
- RTR Rear Spoiler
- RTR Decklid Panel
- RTR Rocker Splitters
- RTR Rear Quarter Splitters
- RTR Fender Badges
- RTR Floor Mats
- RTR Shift Knob
- RTR Graphics– 10th anniversary limited addition
- RTR Tactical Performance Front & Rear Sway Bars
- RTR 10th Anniversary Serialized Dash Plaque signed by Vaughn Gittin Jr
- RTR Aero 7 Forged 20×9.5 and 20×11 Wheels wrapped in 285/30R20 and 305/30R20 Nitto NT555 G2 Rubber
Subscribe to Ford Authority for more Mustang news and around-the-clock Ford news coverage.
Source: Lebanon Ford Performance
I owned a 2012 RTR in Grabber Blue which is my favorite colors, I loved that HotRod it was hit by a lady who took out 3 other cars & a light pole distracted by her cell phone. USAA wanted to pay it out as a Mustang GT without the RTR package. As the adjuster put it come down it’s just a Mustang… No It Wasn’t