Ford Motor Company is recalling some 2014-2017 Ford Transit Connect vehicles over an issue with the panoramic vista roof.
The defect: in affected vehicles, an improper bond may exist between the panoramic roof and the vehicle body.
The hazards: the improper bond could result in increased wind noise, water leaks and, in some cases, separation from the vehicle.
Ford is not aware of any reports of accident or injury related to this Ford Transit Connect recall.
Components: body/ roof / moonroof.
Affected vehicles: 2014-2017 Ford Transit Connect models built at the Ford Valencia Assembly Plant in Spain between July 17th, 2014 and October 1st, 2016.
Amount of vehicles affected: 5,132 units, with:
- 5,088 vehicles in the U.S. and federal territories, and
- 45 vehicles in Canada
The fix: dealers will remove, clean and reinstall the panoramic roof glass on affected vehicles.
Owners should: contact their local Ford dealer.
- Ford Customer Service: 1-866-436-7332
- FoMoCo Recall Number: 20S22
- NHTSA Toll Free: 1-888-327-4236
- NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Website: www.safecar.gov