Ford Service Departments Facing COVID-19 Induced Shortage Of Repair Parts

Following a two-month production shutdown, Ford and other automakers had to simultaneously create a safe working environment and slowly ramp production back up to normal levels over the course of several weeks. Despite returning to pre COVID-19 production levels sooner than expected, the lapse has inevitably led to a vehicle inventory shortage. And now, it appears that problem has extended to repair parts needed by Ford service departments as well.

Automotive News recently spoke with several Ford dealers, who say they’ve been forced to wait weeks in some cases for parts needed to repair coolant leaks in the cylinder heads of 1.5L EcoBoost I-4 engines in 2017-19 Ford Escape and 2014-19 Ford Fusion models, a problem that prompted Ford to issue a technical service bulletin in April.

One dealer reportedly has six Escapes currently in the shop waiting for parts, while another has spent an exorbitant amount of money providing rental vehicles for affected customers. And Tim Hovik, a member of the Ford council and owner of San Tan Ford in Gilbert, Arizona, says that parts shortages aren’t just limited to the Escape and Fusion at the moment.

“There’s a supply chain that’s trying to get back on line in terms of parts deliveries and how fast we can fill our orders,” Hovik said. “I think sometimes we forget how important some of our vendors are. It seems like we’ve had some issues as we’ve come out of this getting those ancillary businesses back rolling.”

Ford is well aware of its supplier’s struggles, even going so far as to pay its bills early in an effort to help key suppliers get back on track earlier this year. In addition, some dealerships have used specially-equipped vans to offer mobile service. Regardless, it seems like issues further down the supply chain are still having an effect on service in general, though Ford says that they have since been resolved.

“There were disruptions in parts supply in early May due to supplier closures caused by COVID-19,” Ford said in a statement. “Upon reopening, parts production and delivery was expedited, resolving shortages by late June. Ford is not aware of any significant parts delays currently impacting dealer ability to repair these engines.”

We’ll have more on this fluid situation soon, so be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for non-stop Ford news coverage.

We'll send you one email per day with the latest Ford updates.
It's totally free.

Comments

1. Greg Murray

Regardless of what Ford says there are still MANY parts shortages affecting vehicles & Customers. These shortages also affect Dealers CVP scores but Ford won’t acknowledge that.

1. Joe Curtis

You are correct. My F-150 has been at Sawgrass Ford going on two months for a new air intake manifold. I’ve been told 2000 people waiting on the same part. Now they’ve moved the backorder to Sept 27th 2021. They have no answers. I’m making payments on a depreciating asset that I can’t even use. Am currently seeking legal advice

1. Jana

We are in the same situation. We are waiting for differential parts. Already 5 weeks. We are driving rental eco sport that we cannot even fit our family. Legally, everything would be different if it wasn’t for COVID.

2. Leslie

I am here to tell Ford and everyone that there is still a shortage of repair parts. My dealership has had my Explorer since mid June and are telling me they do not know when they will have the turbos needed to fix my car.. it’s now mid sept. And I’m on my 3rd loaner. Almost time for my 4th. My husband and I are very frustrated.

3. Jeff

I turned my Ranger in May 20 to the dealer, its now October… No sign of when I will have my truck back. Terrible communication from Ford.

4. Dave

I turned my Ranger in Sept. 9. Ditto what Jeff said. Almost 7th week for me. Reading this didn’t help my confidence in getting it back soon.

5. Tina

2020 Ford Explorer purchased May 1, 2020. Module for safety features (blind spot/cross traffic alert) on back order since June 22nd and transmission parts (Tech Service Bulletin 20-2305) on back order since September 2nd–that’s 130 day and 58 days! Dealership will not keep the vehicle in the garage so it doesn’t quality for the Lemon Law because it has not been in the shop for over 30 days and there has not been 3-4 attempts to fix it. In fact, there has been NO attempt to fix it. This is a breach of contract on the warranty! Waiting to hear from Ford again today on the 2nd attempt on Buy Back. Next step is contacting the Attorney General’s Office.

1. Explorer ST

Tina waiting on the same part now…. Ford you are letting me down…

1. Tina

Update: All parts have finally arrived and I am scheduled for repair on Monday, Nov. 16th. I hope this does the trick!

6. Elizabeth

My truck is missing a windshield sensor and has been in the shop for 7 weeks/ no news on when it will be replaced. Very frustrating and collision repair shop keeps telling me they dont know how long of a wait it will be.

1. DAN

MY 2020 TRUCK NEEDS A FRONT BUMPER AND HAS BEEN SITTING FOR A MONTH WITH NO WORD FROM FORD. DONT BUY FORD AT THIS TIME. THEY CANT BACK UP THEIR PRODUCTS. I CANT EVEN GET A LOANER.

1. Eddie

You’re not alone Dan. Same situation with me. I have a 2014 Ford Focus SE with a bad TCM. These cars have had a bad history with their dual clutch transmissions and the transmission control modules. The TCM is on national backorder with no date in sight as to when it will be available. This is our only car. Wife has to take a bus to work now. Has to get up earlier than normal and endure all kinds of crazy weather hear and Florida. I asked a bout a courtesy vehicle and was told that this particular dealership had done away with their loaner fleet.

1. Seth

I have a 2017 Ford Focus SE with a bad TCM as well, and I’m going through the same thing, the dealership only covered 5 days for a rental and I ended up getting my Focus back. It’s derivable as long as you don’t go extremely fast or extremely slow.

2. Jermeka

I have a Ford Fiesta 2011 and it’s been in the shop since June 2021. Here it is now August and my car is having the same issues as yours and the guy that commented on your post. This is unacceptable, I have lost my job because of this. And they don’t have any rental available until October. I’m filing for a lawyer soon.

3. Frank Shorter

I’m in the same situation with my 2012 Focus SE. TCM went bad in June, its undrivable. Its been sitting at the dealer since about June 20th. Fortunately they provided a nice rental this whole time. As far as I’m concerned, they can keep the Focus! I’ll keep the rental!

1. Yvonne Ives

East Texas here and after almost exactly 4 months waiting for the TCM on my 2014 fiesta, I finally got it back yesterday!

7. John

There is still a shortage according to my dealer. Dropped off my mustang for internal wiring harness Oct. 20, was told it was on backorder till Nov. 7, but now its on back order till Nov. 27th apparently.

8. Vince

Dropped my car off nov 2nd, told I needed a new rear differential. still no word on when it’ll arrive.

9. Carla D.

Same story with me. 2010 Ford Mustang v6 needed a new ECM. I was told several different dates over a two month span. I became fed up and retrieved my car. The Ford Parts website states a 15 day fulfilment date on the same part, am I missing something here?

1. Jose

Did you ever get the ECM REPLACED?

1. Amanda

I’ve been waiting for an ECM for my 2010 Ford Fusion hybrid since September of last year(or if I want to get technical, the part was actually ordered in April of last year. It’s been in the shop since Septmeber of last year.) STILL WAITING.
        No loaners or anything offered.

1. Jose

Wow, do you live in the Texas areas as well? My ecm gave out as well on my 2011 v6 mustang. And after hearing all these stories about how long people have to wait it is kind of scary tbh.

10. David A. King

Been waiting on a power steering rack for a 2017 Ford Fusion since Thanksgiving and been told it could be a month or two even though the part was supposedly shipped last week

11. Carrie Stuart

My Eco Sport has been in the shop since November 20th after a hit and run. NO ETA for parts! Brand new car me just made my second payment. The body shop has had my car longer than I have. I am loyal to Ford and this is my 7th Ford. I am so heartbroken over this…just buy it back Ford take the loss and give me another one or pay my car payment until it’s fixed!!!

12. Len Ripley

My 2020 F150 (3,000 miles) has been in the body shop for a full month waiting on one bracket to complete repairs. It is apparently holding up repairs for hundreds of F150’s nationwide. This is simply unsatisfactory. Especially, when new 150’s are arriving at dealerships daily! No more Ford products for me.

13. George Murray

My 2014 Cmax has been in the shop since October (it is now January). It was brought in for a recall issued by Ford. But somehow the parts weren’t there after they took the door apart and the car is unusable until
    The part comes in. It was so odd that I contacted Ford. Ford called,, guy didn’t seem to care about much. Kept referring to my “older vehicle” as if a 6 year old vehicle is too old to be supported by Ford. I have really liked the Cmax but it really seems Ford doesn’t want me as a customer and doesn’t care how they treat me. Ford says it will update me “weekly” so no hope in sight of ever getting my car back (that I had just finished paying off).
    Terrible communication and support!

14. Tom

Complete BS, wife hit deer 12-2-20, car to shop 12-3, torn down, parts ordered….January 12th….no parts….WTF!
    2020 Edge S/T….so far customer service at Ford has sucked ass!

1. Bonnie Sbrogna

sounds like you are in the same boat as me

2. joann pasquarella

hit a deer 12/31/2020 car in shop since 01/04/2021 2020 Explorer still waiting for parts. rental car is getting expensive

3. Stan

Tom, when did you finally get your car back? I hit a deer with my 2021 Ecosport 3 weeks ago and caused $12,000 damage. No estimate as to when parts will be in and the body shop can repair it. Insurance is paying $40 a day for rental car for 30 days, which ends next week. Then I’m on my own for the rental car. Please tell me yours was fixed shortly after you posted your comment.

15. Bonnie Sbrogna

There is still a shortage of parts. My 2019 Edge has been at the body shop for 6 weeks, due to an accident that I was not liable for. There were 22 front suspension parts that were needed. As of today, we are still waiting for 2. I am working directly with Ford Customer Service to resolve this. One of the parts is supposed to be in around 01/22 and the other 02/02.. I was advised they may come early

1. Bonnie Sbrogna

It looks like I need only 1 part as of today. Ford Customer Service has been very helpful

2. Bonnie Sbrogna

I finally got my truck back on Feb 4

16. Michael Morris

They are obviously still having issues. My 2020 Ford F-150 was in an accident a month ago and they are still waiting on front bumper brackets. Not electrical or motor parts. Brackets for gods sake. It’s frustrating.

17. Paul

I own an Auto Body Repair shop and we continue to have Back Order parts on many Ford trucks that we repair for Palm Beach County, FL. Currently I have 2 Ford Truck repairs waiting back order parts. Waiting 3 weeks on one of the vehicles and a week so far on the other with no definative date for ETA.

18. Bonnie Sbrogna

Same here with my Edge it’s been at reg auto body for 7 weeks

19. Dave Montpas

Dealership has had my 2020 Ranger since October 25, 2020. Three done dates have come and gone. They don’t even give a date anymore. On the third loaner car. Will never buy/lease another Ford. Will tell anyone that will listen not to buy Ford. Too bad for my local dealership, bunch of good people dealt a terrible hand by Ford.

20. Bonnie Sbrogna

I believe the shortages are not just with Ford it’s every auto make

21. Jondell

Dropped my work Transit connect off Dec 17th. Still no word when they will get a part.

22. Theresa Guidry

Well I was traveling out of state and got ahold of a contaminated tank and got gas in my diesel tank. Which left me stranded 1100 miles from home. My truck has been at Loudon Ford in Ohio for 70 days and all I hear is on back order. Which is crazy a new truck and ford can not get parts, why make them if you can fix them, I go no offer for a rental to help me get back and forth to worth, my insurance paid them over 10 grand to fix it, but oh sorry back order. Well thats crap, i found three different dealerships that had it, but wont sell to there ford dealershps, which is a bunch of crap. Talk about costumer service, I can promise you I will not buy another ford product.

23. Bonnie Sbrogna

Why don’t you ask the dealership to trade it ?

24. Glenn McCullough

Dropped off my Ford focus for some front end repairs two weeks ago 01/26/2021 needed an E C Module ,waiting for that part , last word is there’s no release date for it !!!! Incredible!!!

1. Jose Aranda

Hey Glenn, any update on that part? or did you ever receive it? Same problem just a different vehicle?

25. Bonnie Sbrogna

I just got my 2019 Edge back last Friday it was at the auto body since Dec 1 that’s 9.5 weeks waiting on back ordered parts

26. John

Ford, you have let us down. I will not be buying any more Ford products, it’s too easy to buy Kia comparable with a FAR better warranty and substantially all US made parts.

27. Glenn

Two weeks and counting waiting for a Ford part with NO release date !! Are other car makers having this issue!!!

1. Bonnie Sbrogna

You may as well get used to it I waited 9.5 weeks for my Edge parts due to back order

28. Glenn McCullough

I need an electronic control module since January 23rd its now Feb. 22nd no release date in sight ! I googled Ford complaint dept. Was able to text with someone who forwarded it to regional manager she called me today and is in the process of making calls to get some answers ! Waiting to hear back !!!!

1. EDDIE

It’s now June 2021. Did you ever get a response? If so, what were you told?

29. Bonnie Sbrogna

30. robert brown

I dropped my 2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid off in mid December 2020 for an advance tracking light, lost of power steering and turn signals, just to name a few. Only to be told that a seatbelt buckle needed replacement before diagnosis could be performed. It’s now nearly March 2021 and I’m still being told that a “seatbelt” is on backorder. Been through numerous loaner since the start of this headache. I’m extremely frustrated at this point as the cost of my loaner increases daily. Ford really needs to fix this issues.

31. Johnny Rusch

Wife hit a dog with her brand new Explorer that ran out in front of her on a dark evening. That was October 2020. It is now March 2021 and still no parts (back ordered and no date when they will arrive). Way more than ridiculous.

32. Carol D Worley

Hit by a car 12/19/21. Collision shop has had my car for almost 3 mths . Very disappointed just had King Ranch ford truck 3 mths. What a mess.

33. Johnny Rusch

Our Explorer was damaged in Oct 2020, shop has had it in their shop since January 2021 and was just told again today for the fifth time, March 19, there is no known date for the parts to arrive. This is beyond comprehensible and not acceptable. I am so sorry I bought a Ford product. Never another one! I do understand other manufacturers are in the same boat, so I am told, but good grief Ford should at least be stepping up and be doing something about it, but it seems like they plain just don’t give a blank.

34. Sandy

I have a 2020 Ford escape that I have had for approximately 6 months I took it in March 13th for a new wiring harness after my wires were chewed my new escape is still there and I was told the wiring harnesses were back ordered and they have no idea when they will be available. So I have a new car that I can’t drive but I’m still making payments on.

35. robert brown

Hey, I had the same exact experience recently. I had a Ford Fusion in the shop for over 3 months waiting on a back ordered part. I took actions into my own hands and found the exact part number I needed. Out of all places, I located the part that I needed at another Another Authorized dealership. The part was shipped to my house, and after 3 days my car was fixed and back in my hands. Not to mention the cost of the 3 month rental payments! Ford is terrible with communicating with other Ford Authorized dealers for parts.

36. Greg

It is still a problem . I took my f150 in for a repair where the part and repair were quoted to be ready in 2 days and eight days later they at the Ford dealership still don’t have my part and say that they have repairs piling up out back due to hard to get parts . It has cost me 5 days of work as I use my truck daily as a work vehicle. They don’t offer rentals at my local dealership. Slowly losing faith!!

37. George

Going to be two months waiting on a part for my 20 year old son’s 2020 eco sport. It has been sitting in the shop. Ford dealership will not lend my son a vehicle because he is not 21 years old. The Eco Sport is financed through Ford under my name. My son is a College student at the University of New Mexico and is stuck without a vehicle to get to school or work. I’m stuck making payment every month and getting nothing in return. My insurance had also exhausted a month of rental on a vehicle. This is so frustrating for me and my son. Next option is considering an attorney. How can a new vehicle not have parts?

38. Johnny Rusch

My 2020 Explorer has been in the shop since November and here it is April and still no ETA on the part. That is pushing 6 months waiting on a backorder. Seems unrealistic to say the least. Glad we have two vehicles so I don’t have to rent one.

39. Jenna R Harp

Our 2018 Ford F150 has been in the shop since Feb for body work after a collision with a deer. We’ve been told the parts were being shipped out on 2 different occasions but then they get delayed. We’re on our 2nd loaner which is not comparable with our truck but at least we have a loaner. Wondering when or if it’s even gonna get fixed now!

40. Paula Thomas

My 2019 Ford Ranger P/U has been in the shop since March 15, 2021- 21,998 miles on it and the heater assembly needs to be replaced. Parts are on back order and Ford Motor Co rep is telling me as of today, it looks like another 3-4 weeks before the dealership will be able to make the repairs. I am disappointed and sick of driving the loaner car- a Ford Fiesta.

41. Scott Carpenter

I’ve been waiting for a part since Dec 15, 2020. (It’s April 23, 2021 now). Was told today that the part won’t be available til July. My car is sitting in the driveway. Unusable now for 4 months. It will be 7 months in July! Is there an attorney who can help?

42. Derek Delisi

Yea my 2020 Explorer went in the shop January 4th, today is April 28h and I’m still waiting for a radiator support. Paying my payment and a rent a car. I’ve been in ford’s since 2008, I’m done! Never ever again

1. Johnny Rusch

Derek

Same here. My 2020 Explorer has been in the shop since Nov 2020 for a radiator support bracket as well. I am told they are supposed to be out with them on 4/30 but I am not holding my breath.

43. DS

2020 Ford Escape has been in the shop since March 29th..can not get the electric housing harness and Ford can not even give us a timeframe on when they will have one..come on Ford you really need to do better. This car has been in the shop more than I have driven it and I should not have to pay for a rental car for weeks..beyond frustrated.

44. Ryan Ferry

My 2014 ford escape is at the shop and I’ve been without it for 3 weeks now and just today 4/29/2021 they told me the parts they are waiting on might not show up intill 5/21/2021. They won’t help me with a loaner either.

45. debbie

Same story; 2020 explorer in shop since March 4 waiting on radiator support and other misc front end parts; no projected supply date! First and last Ford. And I love the vehicle but no manufacturer support. Bordering on fraud to sell when you know you can’t supply parts.

46. Jesse LaRue

Dropped my truck off at the Ford dealership in Auburn,ME in March!! I am on my 3rd loaner vehicle due to parts being on backorder. It is now May! I have been waiting 2months for my vehicle! Losing a ton of money!!! Need my truck for work!! 700 a month truck payment on a truck I can’t even drive!! They need to just start removing parts from new vehicles to repair vehicles in service!! Then when there parts come in they can fix the new vehicles they robbed parts from!!! This is what should be happening!!! No excuses for this bs!!! They could even gets parta from another vendor!!! Lots of companies have the parts in stock!!! Why long wait?! If there vendors cant fill orders then use another vendor!! This is not rocket science!!! Lastly, with all the bailout money that has been giving to businesses, there shouldn’t be any issues!!!! They close down for 2months and that is supposedly the reason for the shortages?! Makes zero sense!! Do they not have inventory?! Political bs!!!

1. Tricia Parish

Totally agree with you.

47. Glenn McCullough

Left Ford Focus at repair shop January 24th just had it returned May 4th waiting for a part !

48. KW

Anyone with a Ford Explorer receive back ordered parts yet? Waiting on radiator support and front bumper.

1. Johnny

KW
      After seven months waiting, I finally got the radiator support last week for our 2020 Explorer. It was a long wait!!

1. KW

I got my 2021 Explorer on April 9 and 4 deer ran out in front of me on April 20. Just waiting on the radiator support and front bumper, but I’ve seen all of the back order horror stories so I’m preparing myself for a long wait

49. Jeff Schneller

My husband got a 2021 Ford F-150 Power Boost, Limited on January 30th, he hit a deer 4 days later (February 3rd) & it has been out of commission ever since. And now here it is almost the end of May & the Ford repair shop can’t get the parts & Ford keeps delaying the process, saying they don’t have the parts. 2 parts are still on back order He still needs a grill & a head light module that didn’t come with the headlight. But, guess what? Ford is still manufacturing new Trucks & rolling them off the assembly line, so 3 months into it, Ford needs to
    A. Provide the parts per Kentucky Lemon Law OR supply him with a Brand New Truck!
    He’s losing time with the truck, including his warranty!
    This is his first ever truck & first ever FORD & it’s been nothing but a nightmare of an experience. @Ford WHAT Are You GOING to DO about it???

50. Amanda

My 2010 Ford Fusion hybrid has been in the shop since SEPTEMBER waiting for a part that was on “backorder”. The part was actually ordered in May from the dealership I purchased the car from in February.
    8 MONTHS without a vehicle!
    I’ve lost my job due to this.
    I will NEVER purchase another Ford again.
    I have a case open with Ford and they keep giving me the run around and different excuses everytime.

1. Tricia Parish

Wow this is insane. I thought mine being in shop waiting for 2 months was a long time. Cmon Ford step up your game.

51. Tricia Parish

My 2020 Ford Escape is now in the shop since 03/27/21 for an issue with my brakes. 03/27/21 was the 3rd time I had vehicle in for the same issue. The brakes sound like something underneath is going to fall off when you go in reverse. The first time I took vehicle I was told there was nothing wrong with it, its just because its cold outside & this happens to alot of Fords. Noise continued to get worse & I even made a video to demonstrate to the Service Advisor, they kept my car again all day on a Saturday & I was told that there was some dust on the brake pads & a bolt. Not surprised that it didn’t get any better. So at this point I called to speak to the service manager he was out that day so I spoke to his backup. I told him everything, he told me to bring in the following Saturday (3/27/21) & there would be a foreman to look at it. I dropped my car off & later the service advisor called me & said they are waiting to hear back from Ford Help on how to proceed. She called be back again and said they are going to replace the rotors. Then she called back & said they are going to take the brakes off completely & install new brakes & they would put me in a rental (this was another whole issue I wont get into). I was getting weekly calls with updates saying parts are still on backorder, they have the rotors but the pads are on backorder with no ETA. I’m no longer getting weekly calls either. They said your car is safe to drive you can drive it until part comes in. NO THANKS. Its a 30k car & sounds like a clunker, you fix it I will drive it then.
    Another complaint I had, I told them when I took in 2nd time that my driver headlight has condensation in it can they fix this also. When I picked up car I was told that it isn’t “bad enough” for warranty to cover. Are you kidding me?? I just let it go. The 3rd time (3/27) I took in I told them I want it all fixed, its a new car and I shouldnt be having issues. She assured me it would all be fixed. Also, the button to roll windows down the shiny silver stuff had peeled up & was sharp and this is to be fixed also.

4 days after I purchased the car 9/25/20 my back up camera quit working. I took vehicle in for this & was told they had to order a part & there was a recall on the camera. Waited months for this to come in & had to take car yet again to drop off.

Long story short, I have had to spend many of my Saturdays off dropping off my car & picking it up leaving me with nothing to drive for issues I shouldnt have had.

This is my 3rd Ford I have owned & I am not impressed with this purchase at all.

People are telling me to check into the Lemon Law but I don’t know if this situation falls under the law.

52. Danielle

I have a 2020 Escape also and nothing but problems with it. Apparently the Lemon Law changed during Covid. Do you have problems with your air conditioning leaking down onto the gas pedal and floor mat?

53. Maria

Lawyers needed! The sad part is I’m

Still paying the car payment!
    No dates in sight! No loaner! All I hear is back order for my 2020 explorer needing a bumper. Beyond pissed! Ford! I’m done

1. Amanda

I’m still making payments for my vehicle that has been in the shop since September 2020. The part was ordered in April 2020
      No loaners or any kind of help!

54. Scott Esslinger

2020 Ranger waiting on bumper parts and the answer I am getting is backordered indefinitely, it has been a month and a half. I still have payments insurance and just paid for plates on a truck I can not drive. OH by the way there are a ton of trucks in the parking lot of KY motor speedway that are waiting on chips, I would go pull off the parts if they would let me.

55. Latasha Clark

I been waiting on motor ( sunroof) for my 2017 ford explorer since march still have not come in they told me end April now end of June.. Keep going from month to month. I got plastic on top so rain will not get in it.

56. Sabrina

A lot of you have been waiting for a while compared to me, but I bought my car from them back in December and just 3 weeks ago I had to have it in the shop because I need a tcm. No idea when it’ll be fixed and no loaner in sight. It’s ridiculous and I really need a damn car. I can’t walk to where I need to be because I live basically in the outskirts. I should have shopped at a different dealership.

57. Paula Thomas

I finally got my truck back after waiting 5 weeks, but the mechanic dented the passenger door and scratched the paint down to the metal. .I am now waiting for a call from the dealership. Been waiting a month now on that call.

58. Andrew

I’m having trouble locating a knock sensor for my 2013 Ford F350 diesel truck I’m getting the big run around!

59. Sharon

I was in an accident in March. Car was towed to a Ford dealer. They said they are waiting for a part on backorder. Very frustrated. Just want my car back. Can’t afford to keep paying on a rental and making a car payment.

60. Former Loyal

Here we are June 2021 and Ford service shops in my area (W Phoenix) can’t diagnose cars for 4 days, backlogged, after you drop it off, I’ve heard lots of customers taking their cars to other non-Ford service shops for repairs.

61. Johnny Floyd

No tcms for my focus nowere I’m very lost Ford get those parts rolling there alot of focus out there with same or similar problem s with no parts to fix

1. Vivian

Just happened to me around 2 weeks after the warranty expired and they don’t have the part.
      Now I have to pay out of pocket for a rental until this part that can get months to be available gets at the dealer.

2. Tangie

We are waiting on the TCM as well for the 2012 Ford Focus. My Local dealer has 10 cars waiting on that one part! My daughter almost got in an accident on the highway because of the TCM recall. The dealer told me a week ago it will be 3 to 5 months saying the part is on back order! This is ridiculous. Never again will I buy a Ford.

62. Vivian

Well, I just got off of the phone with Ford “Customer Service”.

My car needs a transmission module that for what it seems is a known problem for my 12 Ford Focus. Guess what? The warranty for this expired on 05/26/2021.

What is even worth is that, per the information a got from the dealer there are hundreds of the same part on back order. Now I need to pay for a rental out of pocket because, as the representative and the Ford customer service supervisor told me, Ford does not have any support for customers that have a more than 7 years old vehicle. And right now they do not have any “program” I could fit in.

The supervisor told me that everything has a time line and the warranty expired and he could not do anything for me. He told me about the pandemic and they do not have power of the production. Which I get, but how it is my fault?

I asked the rep. what is going on with Ford? So many Ford cars going to body shops for even months because Ford does not have the part. She reminded me that the call was being recorded as if I was saying some kind of lie. I should have sent her the link to see these comments of so many people waiting long to have their cars fixed and paying hundreds of dollars out of pocket for a rental.

So, I asked the supervisor: And how it is my fault? I understand that everything has a time line. So lets do this, if everything has a timeline can you please tell me what is the timeline for the part?

He started arguing that my car was not at a Ford dealer. I explained to him that the mechanic where my car is got in touch with a Ford dealer that told them Ford could not do anything because the warranty expired on 05/26.

Told him if that was the case, I could easily have my car towed to a Ford dealer using my AAA membership. He told me, he was just saying that in case my car was under the timeline they could expedite the process but did not mean Ford would help me any anything.

So, again I asked him. I see that everything has a timeline. So tell me, what it the timeline for the part for my car? This way I can make the math and calculate how much I will need to gather to pay for a rental out of pocket because Ford can not deliver the part. Because how is that my fault that Ford does not have the part? Told him, !ok I will pay the repairs. Tell me what is the timeline for the part if everything has its timeline…. Kept asking and he did not an answer…

He hang up on me and sent me directly to the survey.

I will fix this and will get rid of it and #fordneveragain. My boyfriend was planning to get a Ford Explorer. Already told him that never… ever… ever… again a Ford vehicle will get into my garage.

63. Justin Krantz

I dropped my 2020 Lincoln Navigator with 5000 miles on it January 31 and still have not got it back. They are waiting on a wiring harness and have moved the back order date multiple times. First date was February, then March, then beginning of May, end of May, June, and then they didn’t have a date at all. They had some that was supposed to ship last week but got a call from Lincoln today that mine was not one that shipped out. Big surprise there. They said the new date off back order is end of July. That date will come and I’m sure it will be moved again. What a joke. It’s very frustrating to spend $100,000 on a car and drive it for 3 months and it sit in a shop waiting for a part for 6 months. I sure wish someone at Lincoln would walk to the assembly line and get a wiring harness and ship it to South Carolina so I could get my car back. Thanks for the great service Lincoln. It definitely shows you really care about your customers.

64. Pamela

I took my Fusion in due to “transmission failure” in early May 2021. They just told me they don’t expect the back ordered part until sometime in the fall.

65. Martin

Now been waiting 4 weeks in the UK for a 2016 Mustang rear calliper, with no current delivery forecast. I just love driving a dealership Fiesta with garage stickers all over it.

66. Seth

I have a 2017 Ford Focus and I also have a bad TCM, I hope we can get them soon!

67. Eddie

Just over a year later after this article posted. How many people have got their vehicles back from the dealer? Did anyone have a problem with the part NOT fixing their car? I would be absolutely livid if it did not after waiting for so long.

68. Joe Scardoni

Hey,l live in Cambridge Ontario, waiting for o.s.s transmission parts for my F150 2013. In my 4 the month now … c’mon Ford give me a break? Try driving a 5.0 truck like I have to …slow slow slow.

69. Jonathan Tripp

Just dropped my F-150 2013 for a lead frame cable hope it doesn’t take two months, part is back ordered

70. Elizabeth

Just got my 2019 Explorer back after 2 weeks. Electric cooling fan needed to be replaced, they installed a new 2015 fan cause that’s all they could get. Hope it works right. It took 2 weeks because of the dealers service backlog. Are that many new Fords breaking?

71. Andrae

How long will the transmission control module be on backorder?

72. Mabrouk Benmoussa

I am looking for a TCM 2015836 transmission control module for FOCUS
    please tellme how and where can I find it?

73. Robert H Fitzgerald

Ford just want to sell you a vehicle. Rear sensors did not pick up a rock and we backed into it at night. Body shop has been trying to get parts for over a month . 2020 ford edge titanium trailer package. Is Ford going to extend my warranty because they can’t supply parts to fix the vehicle? I’ve been buying Fords for over 50 years, this might be the last one. Sounds live Ford has been using the Covid 19 excuse for over a year now. Dealerships should have been informing customers about parts problems.

74. Johnny Rusch

Our Explorer was in the auto shop for damage to the front grill/bumper etc. from Nov 2020 to July 2021 before we got it back. Lucky for us we had a spare vehicle. For those of you who hope to get parts soon for your car/truck be prepared to wait a very long time. Just read that Chevy is temporarily shutting down production at some plants due to chips. It is my opinion they (all car/truck makers) are not focused on building replacement parts but rather trying to produce new vehicles because there is really no money in it for the manufacturers in replacement parts. The money is in selling the public a 45/75 thousand dollar car and/or pickup.

75. Shari Brown

I dropped off my 2019 Ford Edge 2nd qk of July 2021 to have the rear differential replaced. I am now on my THIRD RENTAL. Its covered by our warranty and we thought it would be that simple…WRONG! So we got the rental companys insurance just because its cheaper and its that extra insurance cushion. GOOD THING! I was rear-ended in my rental and thats all taken care of. PROBLEM SOLVED. WAIT FOR IT…THIS RENTAL BUSINESS HAS COST US RIGHT AT $1000 SINCE JULY!!! Extra insurance (we just recently dropped) and the daily charge for an upgrade. IT ALL ADDS UP QUICKLY! So we had the upgrade dropped and its all fine. NOPE! They just took ANOTHER $100 to catch the rental contract up…WTF!!! Meanwhile…my Edge sits at Lithia Ford in Fresno, CA and is covered in ash (from Cali fires) and all the crap from being outside. Theyve told us “WE DONT HAVE A SHIPPING DATE…BECAUSE WE DONT HAVE A PART TO SHIP. ITS ALL DUE TO COVID”. Im sorry sir…WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY! I text the guy Mon, Wed & Fri checking on my car. Im hoping this will help speed the process…but Im thinking its a waste of my time. WTF! My husband asked if they can just put an AFTER-MARKET PART on the car just to get it repaired and drivable…NOPE! CANT PUT AFTER-MARKET PARTS ON BECAUSE THEN THE WARRANTY IS NULL & VOID! We are making monthly payments on a vehicle that we havent driven since early July, and cant drive FOR GOD KNOWS HOW MUCH LONGER, PLUS THE RENTAL FEES!!! HOW IS IT THAT SOMETHING COVERED BY WARRANTY COSTS SO DAMN MUCH? I KNOW…I GET.IT…BUT WHY THOUGH LOL.
    ANYONE HAVE ANY LEGAL SUGGESTIONS? ANY OTHER TACTICS TO TRY? ANY LAWYER/ATTORNEY GENERAL SUGGESTIONS WE CAN TRY!!!
    WE ARE AT THE END OF OUR ROPES!
    Basically making double car payments…and unable to drive the damn car.