The defect: in affected vehicles, a diffuser may detach from the airbag inflator, which could cause improper inflation.
The hazards: if the diffuser detaches from the inflator during airbag deployment, the curtain airbag may not inflate properly during deployment, increasing the risk of injury during a crash.
FoMoCo is not aware of any reports of accidents or injury related to this condition.
Components: curtain airbag modules.
- 2020 Ford Escape crossover built at the Ford Louisville Assembly Plant on March 18th, 2020
- 2020 Ford Transit vans built at the Ford Kansas City Assembly Plant from February 18th to March 19th, 2020
Number of vehicles affected:
- 68 units in the U.S.
- 12 units in Canada
The fix: wait for recall notice to arrive by mail, and contact their local Ford dealer with any questions.
Owners should: contact their local Ford dealer.
- Ford Customer Service: 1-866-436-7332
- FoMoCo Recall Number: 20S35
- NHTSA Toll Free: 1-888-327-4236
- NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Website: www.safecar.gov