Ford Authority has learned that the 2021 Ford Ranger will offer a key new feature – a black Ford logo. The new logo will be part of the Black Appearance Package, which is offered on the current Ford Ranger, but will replace the existing blue Ford logo with a black one at both the front and rear of the vehicle.
This change is in line with what FoMoCo has already done with both the Ford F-150 and Ford Super Duty. The first-ever black Ford logo to adorn a Blue Oval vehicle was the Super Duty Lariat Sport Package, a change that was introduced back in May. However, just last week, Ford Authority reported that Ford was going to discontinue the Super Duty Lariat Sport Package for the 2021 model year. Regardless, the black logo is present on its replacement, the Lariat Black Appearance Package.
The Ford Ranger Black Appearance Package is available on XLT Mid (301A), XLT High (302A), and Lariat High (501A) trim levels. However, it is not available with the Bed Utility Package, Chrome Appearance Package, FX2 Package, Sport Appearance Package, or the newly announced Tremor Off-Road Package.
The 2021 Ford Ranger Black Appearance Package includes the following:
- 265/60R18 A/S BSW tires for 4×2 pickups
- 265/60R18 A/T BSW for 4×4 pickups
- 265/60R18 A\T OWL – w/FX4 Off-Road Package (914)
- 18 inch Black Painted Aluminum Wheels with Black Center Caps
- Bedliner – Tough Bed Spray-In
- Black Ford Logo w/Smoked Chrome Surround (new for 2021 MY)
- Black Grille w/Black Surround (only on XLT)
- Black Grille w/Black Surround and Black Bars (only on Lariat)
- Black Mirror Skull Caps (only on Lariat)
- Black Sill Plates
- Black Steel Exposed Bash Plate (with FX4 Off-Road Package)
- Body-Color Front & Rear Bumper with Black Lower Front Fascia
- Dark Box Decal (FX4 Pkg (914) or 4×4 only) (new for 2021 MY)
- Five-inch, Black, Rectangular Running Boards
The 2021 Ford Ranger is scheduled to enter production in December, and will continue to be built at the Michigan Assembly Plant alongside the Ford Bronco. Both vehicles ride on variants of the Ford T6 platform.