Ford Motor Company is recalling a large selection of 2020 model year Ford vehicles over a safety compliance issue regarding the rearview camera.
The defect: insufficient voltage due to a defect in the circuit board internal to the camera may cause intermittent issues with image distortion and blank displays.
The hazards: safety concerns are minimal. This is a compliance recall to ensure the rearview camera system is operating in a way that is compliant with current Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards.
Ford Motor Company is not aware of any reports of accident or injury related to this condition.
Components: rearview camera assembly.
- 2020 Ford Explorer vehicles built at Ford Chicago Assembly Plant from November 16th, 2019, to May 18th, 2020
- 2020 Ford F-150 vehicles built at Ford Dearborn Assembly Plant from October 26th, 2019, to May 18th, 2020, and at the Ford Kansas City Assembly Plant from November 2nd, 2019, to May 18th, 2020
- 2020 Ford Mustang vehicles built at Ford Flat Rock Assembly Plant from November 18th, 2019, to May 26th, 2020
- 2020 Ford Transit vehicles built at Ford Kansas City Assembly Plant from October 28th, 2019, to May 20th, 2020.
- 2020 Ford Super Duty vehicles built at Ford Kentucky Truck Plant from November 3rd, 2019, to May 18th, 2020, and Ohio Assembly Plant from October 30th, 2019, to May 18th, 2020
- 2020 Ford Expedition vehicles built at Ford Kentucky Truck Plant from October 30th, 2019, to June 22nd, 2020
- 2020 Ford Escape vehicles built at Ford Louisville Assembly Plant from November 5th, 2019, to May 18th, 2020
- 2020 Lincoln Corsair vehicles built at the Louisville Assembly Plant from November 14th, 2019, to May 18th, 2020
- 2020 Ford Ranger vehicles built at Ford Michigan Assembly Plant from December 9th, 2019, to May 19th, 2020
- 2020 Ford Edge vehicles built at Ford Oakville Assembly Plant from November 13th, 2019, to May 26th, 2020
- 2020 Lincoln MKX and Nautilus vehicles built at the Oakville Assembly Plant from November 21st, 2019, to May 26th, 2020
Number of vehicles affected: 701,114 total vehicles across the following regions:
- 620,246 vehicles in the U.S and federal territories
- 76,566 in Canada
- 4,302 in Mexico
The fix: dealers will remove and replace the defective rear camera unit.
Owners should: wait for a Ford recall notice to arrive by mail, and contact their local Ford or Lincoln dealer with any questions. Recall notifications should begin arriving on November 7th, 2020.
- Ford Customer Service: 1-866-436-7332
- Lincoln Customer Service: 1-800-521-4140
- NHTSA Toll Free: 1-888-327-4236
- NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Website: www.safecar.gov
- NHTSA campaign number: to be determined
- Ford recall number: 20C19