Ford Motor Company is recalling select units of the 2020-2021 Ford Explorer and Lincoln Aviator over an issue with motor mount fasteners that may result in a loss of power.
The defect: affected models are equipped with motor mount fasteners that may become loose over time.
The hazards: the affected vehicles could lose power while driving, increasing the risk of a crash.
Ford Motor Company is not aware of any reports of accident or injury related to this condition.
Components: motor mount fasteners.
- 2020-2021 Ford Explorer vehicles built at the Ford Chicago Assembly Plant from July 28th, 2020, to July 30th, 2020.
- 2020-2021 Lincoln Aviator vehicles built at the Ford Chicago Assembly Plant from July 28th, 2020, to July 30th, 2020.
- Both vehicles ride on the same Ford CD6 platform.
Number of vehicles affected: 1,472 vehicles (Explorer and Aviator combined) with:
- 1,405 vehicles in the U.S. and federal territories
- 65 in Canada
- 2 in Mexico
- All figures include Ford Explorer and Lincoln Aviator
The fix: dealers will replace the right-hand motor mount fasteners.
Owners should: wait for recall notice to arrive by mail, and contact their local Ford or Lincoln dealer with any questions.
- Ford Customer Service: 1-866-436-7332
- FoMoCo Reference Number: 20S72
- NHTSA Toll Free: 1-888-327-4236
- NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Website: www.safecar.gov