This 1967 Ford F-250 Features Light Modifications And A Healthy Patina

When modifying an older vehicle, there’s always a risk of taking things too far. To be fair, some outlandish designs end up looking quite good when done right. But oftentimes owners will add unnecessary enhancements that don’t offer much justification for altering the look of a classic car or truck. Fortunately, this 1967 Ford F-250 currently up for sale features exactly the right amount of extras to make it appealing. And despite some flaws, makes a good case for itself as a blank canvas for any type of future project.

This 1967 Ford F-250 is far from perfect, but it’s decent enough that it stands a good chance of earning the respect of enthusiasts for its status as a survivor. There are several reasons why this truck is pretty cool.

For starters, the Holly Green paint sports a healthy patina that’s faded, but not too faded.

That look is enhanced by the lowered suspension, which was brought down two inches from its factory height. The 17-inch Cragar alloy wheels tie the whole look together, and paired with all the cosmetic scars on the body, make the 1967 Ford F-250 look like an aging fighter that’s still got some spring in its step.

Reinforcing that notion is the 352 cubic-inch V8 that’s under the hood. This was a workhorse engine for the F-series, putting out 208 horsepower and 310 pound-feet of torque. According to the ad, the engine is the original powerplant. Based on the pictures, it looks like it’s in decent shape. A four-speed manual transmission puts the power to the rear wheels.

Inside, the 1967 Ford F-250 features two crucial upgrades. There’s a comfy bench seat that likely makes driving far more comfortable than the original thrones. Plus, there’s a cool aftermarket steering wheel installed on the column, which pairs oddly well with the Cragar wheels to make the truck a bit more gritty.

At 53 years old and with just over 81,000 miles, it’s not unreasonable for a truck like this to have some issues. This one has a decent amount of rust underneath, and while it doesn’t appear terminal, it will probably require some reconditioning at some point in the future.

That said, this is a truck that still has a lot of life left in it, even if it doesn’t get fully restored… which it shouldn’t, given its battered-but-tough appearance. At $12,900, it could be a decent candidate for a some type of cool restomod though.

We’ll continue bringing your the last on all things Ford, so subscribe to Ford Authority for the latest Ford F-Series news, Ford Super Duty news, and ongoing Ford news coverage.

Ed owns a 1986 Ford Taurus LX, and he routinely daydreams about buying another one, a fantasy that may someday become a reality.

We'll send you one email per day with the latest Ford updates.
It's totally free.

Comments

1. Dave Mathers

Pssst, that’s an F100 not an F250. F250s had eight bolt wheels!!

1. Scoutdude

Well the plate on the cowl and door jamb say F250 but the chassis is definitely F100 with the 9″ rear and 5 lugs instead of a Dana 60 with 8. So this truck is made up of parts that didn’t leave the factory together.

Of course after 50+ years a lot of things get swapped to keep a truck on the road so who knows how, when or why these parts were united.

1. Ron Beasley

With all this mixing and matching I would hardly think it is worth nearly $13K. Certainly not my $.

1. Scoutdude

I think a zero needs to be taken off that price.

I see a $800 truck with $200 worth of wheels and $300 worth of disc brake spindles.

2. Brad Reynolds

I don’t know of a 352 cid Ford engine either… somebody’s got some ‘splaining to do….

1. Dave Mathers

Oh, absolutely a 352. 332, 352, 390, 406, 427 all came from the same basic block layout.

2. Scoutdude

The FE 352 has the same 4.0 x 3.5 dimensions of the 351 W which gives a displacement of 351.57 cu inches but apparently they decided to round down for the small block to prevent confusion. Of course they then decided to use that same bore and stroke yet again giving us the 351C and 351M, only they never used the W, C and M. So much for avoiding confusion.

2. Bob white

Brad Reynolds 352 Ford were used thru the 60s and replaced with the 360 in trucks and 351w in cars

1. Brad Reynolds

Interesting.. I knew of the 216, 292, 302, 332, 351, 390, 406, 427…
      Never heard of the Ol’ 352…
      But I am a youngin’ lol
      Born in ’74….

1. Wayne

My 1966 Ford F-100 Custom Cab had a factory installed 352 cu in engine with a 2 barrel carburetor.

2. Richard

My new ³/4 ton f100 1965 ford pu had a 352 cid motor , 8 lug wheels , 3 speed on the column.

3. Daniel sink

I have a 67 f250 with a 352 in it. Dana 60 rear end and it 8 lug. It has a fmx automatic transmission. It has about the same miles on it. 83,000 miles. I would add a picture but don’t see where to do it. But my 352 runs great. I would trade it for anything.

4. Chuck Stark

In 1960 Ford made a 360 HP 352 extremely rare. Solid lifters, short cast iron headers, almn intake with Holley 4 bbl. Only saw 2 both in Starliners came with 3 speed overdrive on the tree it could move that big car right along. That was the start that only got better every year.

5. Barry J Monson

The 352 cid is 1 of fords earlier. Motors they used 50s , 60s trucks!

6. Cesar

We have a truck Ford F-100 1969 with engine 289 extremely rare. Is very strong and the manual speed. Some one have the same módel.

7. Barry Bevier

My dad had a ’65 F100 with a 352, as did his ’62 Galaxie 500. With the 5 bolt axels, this is likely an F100. Not I think by ’67, the 352 was replaced by a 360. I have a ’68 F250 Ranger Camper Special w 390, C6, PS, factory power front disc brakes and factory AC nd lot of patina.

8. Barry Bevier

My dad had a ’65 F100 with a 352, as did his ’62 Galaxie 500. With the 5 bolt axels, this is likely an F100. Not I think by ’67, the 352 was replaced by a 360. I have a ’68 F250 Ranger Camper Special w 390, C6, PS, factory power front disc brakes and factory AC and alot of patina.

9. Dan

I had a 65 Galaxie 500 two door with a 352 ran well

10. Raymond Smart

I have a 67 F100 with the 352 4 speed granny gear transmission. The 352 is a truck engine with a different stroke crankshaft than the 390 engine.

11. Karl F Lepper Jr

Ford originally made the 352 as a high performance engine for the Thunderbirds in the late ’50’s.

12. Ricardo Gonçalves Sirieiro

No Brasil, ela é conhecida como F 100 e foi lançada no mercado bem mais tarde…

13. Gregory Podlaszuk

By God I got a 63 F100 with 35,000 mi three speed on the t is a 223 though with lots of patina and stuck left rear tire. For sale asking $3500

14. RJ

Definitely not a 3/4 ton. I had a 67 with 352 auto. Armstrong power steering. Water on the road was never a problem for it. I could see someone changing hood and doors way before axles and spindles. I’d give 1000.00 for it but asinine to pay 13k. I’ve a friend in Oregon with about 100 of the 67 thru 72 body style. He’s got every make and model. His nicest one isn’t worth 10k

15. John Irvin

My cousin had a 65 Ford pickup 352 three on the tree with overdrive handle that resembled a park brake lever, a neighbor had one same setup, also a Mercury pickup same era, Mercury insignia was stamped in tailgate just like Ford, I heard it was manufacted in Canada

16. Hosscat

I learn to drive 1965 f 100 3 on tree 352 short bed. No ac am radio wish I had my dad’s truck now. Hosscat