Ford Motor Company is recalling select units of the Ford F-150, Ford F-250, Ford F-350, and Ford Escape vehicles over an issue with over-cured tires. The recall began on March 12th, 2021.
The defect: Continental Tire may have cured the tires beyond specification.
The hazards: the affected tires may have been manufactured incorrectly by Continental. As a result, they may suddenly lose air due to a break in the sidewall or experience a belt edge separation, with either scenario increasing the risk of a crash.
Ford Motor Company is not aware of any reports of accident or injury related to this condition.
- 2019 Ford Escape vehicles
- 2018 Ford F-150 vehicles
- 2018-2020 Ford F-250 vehicles
- 2018-2020 Ford F-350 vehicles
Number of vehicles affected: 18,989 combined vehicles, with:
- 15,769 units in the U.S. and federal territories
- 3,082 units in Canada
- 138 units in Mexico
The fix: dealers will inspect tires and replace those that match the suspect tire list provided by Continental Tire of America. In those cases, dealers will also replace the corresponding tire on the opposite side of the axle. If a pair of tires is replaced, the new tires will be installed/moved to the rear axle.
Owners should: wait for the recall notice to arrive by mail, and contact their local Ford dealer with any questions.
- Ford Customer Service: 1-866-436-7332
- FoMoCo Recall Number: 21S10
- NHTSA Toll Free: 1-888-327-4236
- NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Website: www.safecar.gov