2021 Ford Bronco Production Won’t Fully Ramp Up Until August

As we originally reported late last year, Job 1 2021 Ford Bronco production is scheduled to begin at the Ford Michigan Assembly Plant on May 3rd. That hasn’t changed, but sources familiar with Ford’s product plans have revealed to Ford Authority that the automaker is aiming to ramp up production of the Ford Bronco at some point in August, though exactly when is currently unknown as those dates are moving each day.

Thus, in spite of the ongoing global semiconductor chip shortage that has forced Ford to cut production at most all of its North American and European plants in recent months, it appears that for now, Ford Bronco production is still on track to begin very soon.

Most recently, order holders began receiving their “scheduled for production” emails with VIN numbers, the vehicle’s trim level and configuration, an estimated delivery window based on the order holder’s reservation timestamp, the options and packages chosen, the number of similarly configured models, and the number of allocations the order holder’s dealer has received.

Though some reservation holders grew tired of waiting and wound up canceling them, Ford says that 125,000 of the 190,000 Bronco reservation holders have converted their reservations into orders, which equates to around 66 percent.

That’s an impressive conversion rate, but it’s also worth noting that many of those 65,000 reservation holders that have not converted them into a 2021 Ford Bronco order may be waiting for a 2022 model and the promised perks it will bring, including new roof options, exterior paint colors, vehicle options, and even special editions. As we previously reported, Ford is allowing reservation holders to hold their place in line for the next model year, as it can only fill around a third of existing reservations in the 2021 model year.

We’ll have more on the Bronco very soon, so be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for more Ford Bronco news and 24/7 Ford news coverage.

We'll send you one email per day with the latest Ford updates.
It's totally free.

Comments

1. Greggt

They need to hold up production on anything new until they can clean up the mess they made producing vehicles without parts sitting around in parking lots.

2. Stalkbroker94

It’s mainly because of a chip shortage. Read the article, folks.

1. Greggt

You mean making vehicles without parts and no plan on how to complete them, not communicating with their customers and dealers both on these cars and cars that are on order when they might see them, you mean continuing to take orders vehicles that they might or might not deliver, ll just due to the chip shortage?

1. Jay Ryan

They really have made a mess of this. Stereotypical of what people always thought about car sales experience. Its deceptive and disingenuous to carry on the way they are. I have one ordered and have a mile overage issue with my current Ford vehicle. I have repeatedly tried to contact them and they have many many representative’s that have no knowledge of anything that will speak to you and tell you absolutely nothing. How a company as big and powerful as Ford lets this situation run uncharted the way they have is unfathomable.

1. Greggt

Same exact issue here. I have a milage issue on my present truck. I spoke to three different reps at Fords Customer Care, two referred me back to my dealer which cannot get any info from Ford, the third was kind enough to track down my vehicle sitting on a lot somewhere completed but missing parts. No one can tell what or if there is a plan to complete those vehicles. I them tried to contact the executives in Dearborn, no one would talk to me or get back.

1. Stalkbroker94

They’ll deliver the vehicles, greggy. Sorry you’re the one here with trust issues.

1. Jay Ryan

Did you really just call that man “greggy” and accuse him of having trust issues? First off, he’s the customer so treat him right to keep his business. Secondly, he has every reason not to trust them as they have been less than deserving of his trust. Maybe he is a responsible adult with a need for the vehicle and pre plans his life and can’t hang around and just wait for the vehicle. The people at Ford basically offered me no help or incite as well. My other vehicle is a Mercedes, they wave over mileage to earn my business. I guess that’s the difference from Ford to Mercedes! You get what you pay for, sometimes you don’t even get it!

1. Greggt

Thank You, I wasn’t going to respond to those rude demeaning comments as obviously he has no pony in the race.

3. Jay Ryan

4. Materialman

By the time they get these things out, the people who wanted one will have moved on.

5. Jay Ryan

Are you saying the article is wrong?

6. Kathy

I want a Bronco really bad just like a lot of you But first I agree with a lot of you maybe on a different level I have a 2016 Ford Focus I bought New with only 51,000 miles on it I have had it in for 4 times for work to be done on the transmission . The last time I only got to drive it less then 100 miles before it messed up again But Ford said No we shouldn’t have to buy it back even though the (((law suit the one against them for focus and fiesta )))states they have to so I have to go to arbitration instead of them doing the right thing and just buying my car back since they knew the transmission was bad when I bought it. BUT anyway I just hope and pray since I am a LOYAL FORD customer the BRONCO has all good parts on it. Thanks for listening.