Ford Motor Company is recalling select 2015-2020 Ford Transit vehicles due to issues associated with short-arm, manual-fold, power-adjust outside rearview mirrors.
The defect: in affected vehicles, the short-arm, manual-fold, power-adjust outside rearview mirrors can corrode in provinces that deploy salt during winter months.
The hazards: corroded short-arm, manual-fold, power-adjust outside rearview mirrors can become loose or break at the mirror pivot flange, which would impact the field of view for drivers of the affected Ford Transit vehicles, increasing the likelihood of a crash.
Ford is not aware of any reports of accidents or injuries related to this condition.
Components: outside rearview mirror assemblies.
Affected vehicles: select 2015-2020 Ford Transit vehicles equipped with the short-arm, manual-fold, power-adjust outside rearview mirrors.
Number of vehicles affected: 37,721 vehicles with:
- 37,721 vehicles originally sold or currently residing in the Canadian provinces of New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, or Quebec.
The fix: dealers will replace the outside rearview mirror assemblies on affected vehicles.
Owners should: await official notification from Ford or call their local Ford dealer for further information. Customer notifications are scheduled to begin the week of August 16th, 2021. The Ford reference number for this recall is 21S29.
- Ford Canada Customer Service: 1-800-565-3673
- FoMoCo Reference Number: 21S29
- Transport Canada Toll-Free: 1-866-995-9737
- Transport Canada (TTY): 1-888-675-6863
- Transport Canada Website: tc.canada.ca/en