2022 Ford Maverick Average Selling Price Was $29K In October: Report

The 2022 Ford Maverick just wrapped up its first full month on sale in October, but it’s already outselling its chief rival, the Hyundai Santa Cruz as the compact pickup is turning in just five days, according to Ford. These results don’t account for the budget-priced Maverick hybrid, which is delayed as it awaits state and federal emissions certifications. The hybrid version of the new pickup is expected to begin shipping in December, with deliveries starting in January. Regardless, the 2022 Ford Maverick sold well enough to land it on iSeeCars’ Top 20 Fastest-Selling New Vehicles list for the month of October.

The Maverick ranked 17th in its debut on that particular list, but perhaps the most interesting thing about this data is the fact that the compact pickup’s average selling price last month was a rather lofty $29,705. This isn’t a huge surprise given the fact that the hybrid – which has a sub-$20k starting price – has yet to go on sale. However, it also signals that most buyers aren’t opting for bare-bones models, either.

As Ford Authority reported back in June, a fully-loaded Maverick Lariat tops out at around $36,000, though the higher-trim model starts out at $26,575. It’s extremely easy to drive that price up by adding options, however. For example, all-wheel-drive costs an additional $3,305, with other notable add-ons including the 4K Tow Package ($745), Ford Co-Pilot360 ($540), the FX4 Off-Road Package ($800), and the Lariat Luxury Package ($3,340).

So far, the Maverick has proven to be a massive hit with Millennials and Gen Z, as over one-quarter of Maverick buyers thus far are between the age of 18 and 35 – more than double the overall industry rate of 12 percent for that age group. As Ford Authority previously reported, the new compact pickup is also quite popular with critics, as well as owners of Blue Oval sedansfirst-time truck buyers, and female shoppers, too.

We’ll have more on the Maverick soon, so be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for more Ford Maverick news and ongoing Ford news coverage.

Comments

1. Michael

Hummm, the hybrid is still waiting for State and Federal certifications, so it cannot be sold? To me, that sounds like a bunch of baloney.

2. Roy Chile’s

The Maverick is following the path of its full side brother the F-150, No 1 wants the base model of that truck either. FORD build every trim level you have something for everyone from XL , XLT, ST FX4, Lariat Platinum, RS and Raptor

1. John K

wrong, we want the base Hybrid. Not the base ECO. And prices paid reflect Dealer Price Gouging…….

1. James

Same here hybrid an all dealers got the 2 ltr. Stock units as fast as orders me waiting since mid summer.

3. Greg Beams

We ordered Maverick XL Ecoboost AWD will they start production soon like this Month we really need our truck and would really like to have it
    before Dec 25th, 2021

1. Jim L.

There is hope, Greg. I ordered an XLT 2.0 on July 22nd, and FORD originally emailed me 3 weeks ago with a Dec.6th build date, then emailed me again 2 weeks ago with a Dec.13th date. Last week they emailed me again and said Nov.15th is the build date. Yesterday they said my unit is in production right now. 😜🙏

4. John K

Do Maverick prices reflect the price gouging by Dealers ?

5. James

I hope to get my truck before I die from old age.

6. Larry Dean

I put a reservation for the XLT Hybrid model with my special trims the second week in October. Come on Ford, let’s get cracking!

7. Michael

I have a 96 Ford Ranger Splash I have had for 18 years with 250,000 Km on it and I have been waiting for it to die for the past 3 – 4 years so I can replace it with something new. When I heard about the Maverick Hybrid +6 months ago, I thought prefect replacement. Now I am praying for it not to die ( and me neither ), not knowing when I can ever get the hybrid.

8. Brenda Carder

Just so disappointed. I’m glad I didn’t hand over my santa fe at ordering my hybrid xlt. I’d be walking. There was a little bit of pressure wanting my car. If truck had of been sitting there I would have. I lucked out!

9. Jeffrey D. Sproul

I ordered my hybrid XLT on July 25 and have not heard anything. I think there is more to it than Government testing of the hybrid more like produce the more like sell the more profitable Ecoboost 2.0 with AWD. If it takes a year or more to get the Maverick then I might wait to see if Toyota makes a compact hybrid pickup. Now that Ford and Hyundai have introduced compact trucks then the other manufacturers might start making them. I like the Maverick and it is a perfect truck for me but I will not wait for years till I get one.