Ford Authority

Ford Super Duty Was Third Most Considered Pickup Of Q4 2021

Ford has posted some strong results in recent Kelley Blue Book Brand Watch studies, most recently taking over the top spot as the most considered brand among non-luxury shoppers in Q4. This was a big deal, as Ford dethroned Toyota for that honor, which the latter had held for nearly four years. Meanwhile, the Ford F-150 finished the year out by winning KBB’s Best Full-Size Truck award and was also the most considered pickup in Q3, a distinction that it repeated in Q4. The F-150 was joined on that list by its F-Series stablemate as well, as the Ford Super Duty finished as the third most considered pickup last quarter.

The Ford Super Duty enjoyed a 3 percent gain in shopper consideration quarter-over-quarter to finish third on KBB’s list behind the F-150 and Chevy Silverado 1500, as well as ahead of the Toyota Tacoma and Ram 1500. Overall consumer interest in trucks increased as well, from 32 percent in Q3 to 35 percent in Q4. According to KBB, this growth in pickup truck interest was fueled by improving inventory levels, a growing construction industry, and booming real estate and home improvement markets.

The KBB Brand Watch Report is a quarterly consumer perception survey looking into customer shopping behavior in order to gain insight into how brands and models are performing against each other in the marketplace. The report is based on a list of a dozen factors that are then used to gauge how a given shopper arrives at their buying decisions.

This strong finish for the Ford Super Duty comes on the heels of the F-250 landing on Consumer Reports‘ Most Satisfying Trucks list last year, while the F-350 was recently named one of the consumer organization’s Most Satisfying Trucks of 2022, too.

We’ll have more on the Ford Super Duty soon, so be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for the latest Ford F-Series newsFord Super Duty news, and continuous Ford news coverage.

Brett's lost track of all the Fords he's owned over the years and how much he's spent modifying them, but his current money pits include an S550 Mustang and 13th gen F-150.

Subscribe to Ford Authority

For around-the-clock Ford news coverage

We'll send you one email per day with the latest Ford updates. It's totally free.

No Comments yet

Leave a comment