2022 Ford Bronco Recalled Over Inadequate Windshield Bonding Issue

Ford Motor Company is recalling select 2022 Ford Bronco vehicles over inadequate windshield bonding.

The defect: in affected vehicles, the windshield may not have been properly bonding to the vehicle.

The hazards: an improperly bonded windshield could detach from the vehicle during a crash, increasing the risk of injury.

Ford is not aware of any reports of accidents or injuries related to this condition.

Components: windshield

Affected vehicles: select 2022 Ford Bronco vehicles built at the Michigan Assembly plant between December 8th, 2022 and April 12th, 2022.

Number of vehicles affected: 39,063

The fix: dealers will remove and reinstall the windshield, free of charge.

Owners should: wait for communications from Ford. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed out on July 11th, 2022. The Ford reference number for this recall is 22C12.

Contacts:

• Ford Customer Service: 1-866-436-7332
  • FoMoCo Recall Number: 22C12
  • NHTSA Toll-Free: 1-888-327-4236
  • NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
  • NHTSA Website: www.safecar.gov

We’ll have the latest on all Ford Motor Company recalls as they’re issued, so be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for more Ford recall news, Ford F-Series news, Ford F-150 news, and continuous Ford news coverage.

Ed owns a 1986 Ford Taurus LX, and he routinely daydreams about buying another one, a fantasy that may someday become a reality.

Comments

1. BADIH JOHN MAJDALANI

Will there ever be a new vehicle that doesn’t get recalled by Recall Motors?

2. JR

I’m embarrassed again for Ford – they can not build any class of vehicles that don’t automatically have a serious recall. And usually Ford’s comment is that they point to some obscure vendor issue with quality control. It’s sad. Once you have a major recall (this one not bad, put it is a safety issue if crashed) on your vehicle you feel different about that vehicle. Same feeling if you crash your vehicle and get it back after repair, you never have that confidence again. I’ve sold cars, motorcycles and boats because of recall issues. It’s annoying and expensive to be put in that position

3. Mike

So Broncos that haven’t been built yet will need their windshields replaced?

4. Jerry

Recall also include my 2022 ford ranger lariat

5. Frank

Owner beware!!! My bronco Blackdiamond finally arrived after nine months. The conditions of the bronco when it arrived at the dealership was just disgusting. They drove it 90 miles while they had it in Michigan under snowy conditions. The underbody of the vehicle is full of rust as is the frame. The rear quarter panel and rear lid have junk/bubbles underneath the Clearcoat, scraped the front bumper up against another bronco (The yellow/orange color), plastic panels as you’re getting into the vehicle and door panel are all full of shoes scrapes that cannot be removed, the speaker cover on the dash has a nick in it, The inside of the vehicle is full of salt as they ran it on salty roads in Michigan with the windows down, etc. The list goes on! So I buy the car and they tell me they cannot let me drive it home because there is a recall on the windshield and Ford will not allow me to take it home. They were supposed to get it done in one day and when I showed up at the end of the day the vehicle does not have a windshield on it and they are now telling me they want to paint the whole frame around the glass. I am not approving that as that is not the agreement I had with Ford on the recall. The recall is basically remove windshield/remove silicone/Two coats of primer/re-silicone and reinstall the glass. Ford’s Recall calls for roughly 3.5 hours of labor. Why can’t these dealerships just do what they need to do and get it out of the way. Now I need to hire an attorney to resolve all these issues. Just aggravating

6. Frank

Do not service your vehicle at Nick Nicholas Ford in Inverness Florida. Do not use their body shop either. These people just do not follow instructions and do whatever they want to make an extra dollar even if it means depreciating your vehicle. They just don’t care. I could not edit my previous comment so this is in addition