Ford Evos ST-Line Prototype Spotted Testing In Michigan

The Ford Evos is a sleek crossover that’s unfortunately exclusive to the Chinese market. It was first revealed at the Shanghai Auto Show in 2021 before launching in the Asian country a short time later. Ford Authority spies have spotted the crossover out and about in Dearborn a handful of times in the past, and have now captured a black Ford Evos ST on camera in Michigan.

Ford Evos

This particular Ford Evos ST-Line appears to be a prototype, identifiable by the lack of body cladding around the fender wells and rocker panels. This black-painted prototype doesn’t appear to feature any camouflage, either, with the omitted body trim being the only thing that sets it apart from the production models.

Ford’s lineup in China focuses exclusively on crossovers, which Ford CEO Jim Farley refers to as the “heart and soul” of The Blue Oval’s presence in the Asian country. The Evos crossover embodies what the automaker refers to as its “Progressive Energy in Strength” design language, which seamlessly merges “agility, command and responsiveness” into a sporty vehicle that appeals to buyers in the Chinese market. Under the hood, the Ford Evos harnesses the Ford 2.0L EcoBoost I4 engine, which routes power via the automaker’s eight-speed automatic transmission. It utilizes the Ford C2 platform, which is also used by vehicles like the Ford Maverick, Ford Bronco Sport, and Ford Escape, among others.

Ford Evos

Initially, the Ford Evos was rumored to serve as a successor to the Fusion or Mondeo, but the automaker shot these assumptions down back in April of 2021. At the time of this writing, there are no plans to introduce the Evos to the North American market, despite the fact that it was spied testing stateside. It will likely remain a Chinese-exclusive vehicle until the end of its life cycle.

We’ll keep our eye out for more on the Ford Evos ST-Line soon, so subscribe to Ford Authority for more Ford Evos news and the latest Ford news coverage.

Alexandra is a Colorado-based journalist with a passion for all things involving horsepower, be it automotive or equestrian.

Comments

1. what

I love the design of these cars, too bad America doesn’t get them.

1. C

It looks suspiciously like the Honda Crosstour.

2. Nico

BRING IT!!!! In hybrid and PHEV!

3. Michael K

I have to be honest, the EVOS is one of Ford’s least appealing designs in years. Strange assortment of shapes, textures, and ungainly proportions. Not a fan.

1. Kevin James

I agree.
      Like so many designs of Asian-origin, it strikes me as overwrought. Kia/Hyundai’s latest offerings are the same…too much flash and bang, over-the-top.
      I guess the logic js that they have to find SOME way to make their products stand-out from the mind-numbing sameness of all the jellybean’ CUV’s, SUV’s, etc.

We need visionary designers, who can conjure-up some ” clean” automotive designs.
      Porsche 911, original Buick Riviera, ’70 Grand Prix, Opel GT, MGB-GT, TRIUMPH TR6, Mazda Miata, the original Datsun 240Z, Toyota’s MR2, etc.
      Today’s designs are like an automobile drag-show.

1. Michael K

I can see why people would like it, it’s more intricate and extraneous than most Ford designs which tend to be very lean on the details. But that’s what makes this Ford look so strange, culturally it doesn’t look like a Ford at all. However, this does show signs that Ford is better adapting to their global markets, a highly regionalized design approach is something Ford has needed since the failed One Ford initiative. Ford is making efforts in North America to get away from commoditized products, which is why we get designs only Ford can do (Bronco, Mustang, Trucks). I personally like “commodity” products like the Edge and Escape.

4. Tom Taylor

I would like to hear your thoughts about the 2020 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid AWD

My first car was a 1970 Ford Mustang, next was a 1974 Bronco 4X4, then a 1976 Mustang Fastback! After that it was Ranger 4X4’s in 2, 3 an 4 Doors until I bought a 2004 Sport Trac 4X4! In 2016 I bought a Focus, then in 2018 I bought my first Escape a Titanium EcoBoost 4X4 and Finally in 2020 I bought another Escape, a Titanium Hybrid AWD! Needless to say, I’ve been a Ford Man all My Life and BTW, I still have my 2004 Sport Tac! It has 115,000 Miles and going strong, not a single problem in 18 YEARS!

5. Don Heelon

All the best looking “cars” from Ford are only overseas, China, Australia and the UK! Nothing on our shores unless you want a truck or large SUV!

6. Russell Rarly

Looks like a Mach E to me…

1. Steve

Exactly!

7. Jorge

Nothing special, at first I thought mustang e mid cycle refresh? But nothing to call ford about.