2023 Ford Maverick Gains New Black Appearance Package

In recent years, black appearance packages have gained favor among new vehicle shoppers, prompting The Blue Oval to offer them on a number of vehicles including the Ford Edge SE Black Appearance Package and the Ford F-150 Black Appearance Package on a number of trims. Now, the 2023 Ford Maverick is also gaining its own Black Appearance Package, which will be optional on both XLT and Lariat trims.

No further information is available on the 2023 Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package at this time, and the automaker hasn’t provided any photos of it, either. However, judging by the equipment included in similar packages on other Ford models, we can likely expect things like black wheels, badging, bumpers, grilles, mirror caps, bodyside decals, headlamp bezels, tinted taillights, exhaust tips, and various other darkened elements.

Meanwhile, the 2023 Ford Maverick will introduce a few additional changes to the compact pickup in its second year of production. Most notably, that includes the new Tremor Off-Road Package, which builds upon the existing FX4 Off-Road Package by adding a unique all-wheel drive system that utilizes a twin-clutch rear-drive unit with a differential lock feature, specially-tuned springs and shocks, upgraded half shafts, a heavy-duty transmission cooler, steel skid plates, unique dark gray anodized 17-inch aluminum wheels, standard all-terrain tires, and various Tremor Orange accents accents inside and out.

2023 Ford Maverick order banks opened up today following a bit of a delay, which caused the compact pickup to be dropped from FoMoCo’s rate lock incentive plan. Production of the compact pickup was also pushed back several weeks as a result, and is currently scheduled to begin at the Hermosillo Assembly plant in Mexico on November 14th, 2022.

We’ll have more on the Maverick soon, so be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for more Ford Maverick news and continuous Ford news coverage.

Comments

1. Jamie Bailey

Ford.com not updated with 2023 Maverick???? What gives?

2. Reply
  3. John

I tried to order a Maverick today and the scumbag “HASSETT” Ford dealer on Long Island wanted 5K over list.

1. John

I’d call ford and report them

4. Gib

Was told tonight by the Ford.com online chat representative that you won’t be able to build and order through the website until October. For now, you have to go through a dealer. Fill out the online contact form and wait. Who knows how much they will try to charge over sticker.

Had one dealer try to sell me a 2022 in August for $12,000 over sticker. Said that if I didn’t buy it, someone else would within 48 hours.

5. Michael

I placed an order through Stivers Ford of Birmingham. Price is MSRP. Very smooth process.

1. TRG

Did you receive a signed purchase agreement?

6. TOM

if the order bank has opened, has anyone be notified on what this means to existing unfilled orders. is it an automatic process or do we have to contact somebody at the dealerships to reinstate the order. assuming that since they will continue to build 22 models until mid november when the switch to 23 is scheduled we still have 2 months of uncertainty and waiting in the dark not having any idea or guidance on how our orders will progress, can anyone shed some light on this??

1. Rick

Tom, contact your dealer and start over with a new order for 2023 and they are supposed to give you a higher priority code if you already had a 2022 order.

2. M.G.

You arecstarting over and have to reapply for a 2023 through a dealer who allegedly has a “priority” code to put in to the dealer Ford ordering system. This assumes that you have a dealer that is going to have sufficient “allocation” of Mavericks.

3. Jr

My dealer said today that the 22s get filled first , contact dealers because he said they were having to re Input them as 23s

1. Marco G

Sure. Again, that’s if you get on a priority line and the dealer has allocation. Big if!!

4. joe

I have a 22MY order that was not scheduled for build yet and was called earlier today by my salesman asking me if I wanted to ok moving my order to 23MY.

7. chuck garrison

ARE THE ORDER BANKS FOR THE 2023 MAVERICK OPEN OR NOT ?

1. Rusty Jardin

They are open. I have been with Ford 34 years. The order bank opened at 4pm yesterday. I put in all my clients orders yesterday. I am the Fleet Manager at Gary Crossley Ford in Missouri. The system was really slow, and it took me over 5 hours to get in the 9 orders for my clients, but I did get them in. Today I confirmed (COVP’d) all my clients also.

8. M.G.

It’s a shame they did it with no information released on Ford.com
    Was up at midnight trying to order on the site only to find out later, from a 20 minute wait on the chat line, at 6AM PST, the link to “contact dealer”. Their priority lines to Ford opened 4:30 EST.

1. Russell

M.G. the bad news is that Ford.com is run by the 3rd party. So they dropped the ball on getting everything updated. I call Ford customer sales service last week and found out that the order bank was going to open yesterday (in reality today).

1. mike s.

Didn’t like your comment so I deleted it.

2. G

I tried calling and there is no one that can help.

9. Joe Oliver

I ordered a lariat 13 plus months ago. Have been told due to constraints they are having trouble building mine while similar lariats are showing up on dealer lots near by. The ones I see have the same packages as I wanted. Am getting a bit pissed off.

10. Joey baloney

I ordered a lariot got tired of waiting so I went down and bought a Hyundai Santa Cruz think it’s a way better vehicle anyway getting 33.5 miles to a gallon with all wheel drive-and a Turbo Bye bye Ford you screwed me in 2004 with your 3 valve piece of junk motor motor I don’t think I want to give you a second chance Too many quality control issues too much drama with the dealers

1. JohnTaurus

Making up stories? That’s awesome.

11. Gerald Davis

I ordered a Lariat Fx4 July, 2021 and it came in April, 2022. Delayed several times due to chip shortages and spray in bedliner, but it finally arrived. Paid sticker price $33,600 and traded in my 2020 F150 4×4 . The dealer gave me $500 more than I paid for the F150 new and it had 17,000 miles on it. I have put 5500 miles on the Maverick, and average 27.8 mpg.

12. mike

Just received my notice from Ford that my 22 Mav lariat Hybrid is NOW going to be a 23. NO mention of price guarantees for those of us waiting so long….NO LOYALTY for those of us who have been loyal to Ford for DECADES! Ford is no longer an honorable company. Henry Ford is ROLLING in his GRAVE!!

1. John

You’ll be receiving a certificate (rebate) from Ford to cover the price increase. That information has been out for a week or so. Ask your dealer, or research it for yourself.

2. G

Agree

13. Jody Hodges

My rep at Mullinax Ford in Apopka said if I added the black appearance package, it would further delay the process. I really want the BAP, but he couldn’t tell me if we were talking like a month longer or half a year.

14. G

Ford needs to get their act together and stop falsifying truck availability. Our 2022 order was pushed back 10 months. Now it has been cancelled and we are asked to order a 2023 with indefinite completion date. Totally left helpless at their mercy. Don’t believe what they say.

15. Darrell Ford

I ordered my new 2022 last September got it in July this yr. I had to put $1000 deposit down that was included in my down payment once I signed at Conway- Hinton in Bardstown Ky. Love my truck