The 2023 Ford Maverick has been wildly popular since its debut, which isn’t terribly surprising for an affordable, economical, and utilitarian vehicle. After quickly exceeding Ford’s production capacity for the 2022 model year, orders for the compact pickup were shut down until 2023 Ford Maverick order banks opened up yesterday. However, that doesn’t mean the 2023 Maverick isn’t facing numerous supply chain constraints, which we’ve listed here for those looking to order one.
- Co-Pilot360 Package (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
- XLT Luxury Package (optional on XLT trim)
- Lariat Luxury Package (optional on Lariat trim; requires Co-Pilot360 package)
- Tremor Off-Road Package (optional on XLT and Lariat trims)
- Tremor Off-Road Package Plus Appearance Package (requires Tremor Off-Road Package)
- Black Appearance Package (optional on XLT and Lariat trims)
- Spray-In Bedliner (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
- Cargo Management System (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
- Hard Trifold Tonneau Cover (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
- Splash Guards, Molded, Front and Rear (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
Many of these packages are new for the 2023 Ford Maverick, including the Black Appearance Package, which Ford Authority originally reported on yesterday. The list also includes the new-for-2023 Tremor Off-Road Package – which adds a unique all-wheel drive system that utilizes a twin-clutch rear-drive unit with a differential lock feature, specially-tuned springs and shocks, upgraded half shafts, a heavy-duty transmission cooler, steel skid plates, unique dark gray anodized 17-inch aluminum wheels, standard all-terrain tires, and various Tremor Orange accents to the pickup.
Also included on this list is the optional Appearance Package for the Tremor, which costs an additional $1,495 on top of the package’s $2,995 MSRP. Otherwise, many of these features were also supply-constrained in the 2022 model year, including the spray-in bedliner, most notably. In addition to the Tremor Off-Road Package, the 2023 Maverick XL is gaining standard cruise control for the new model year, as Ford Authority reported earlier today.
Meanwhile, after a delay in terms of order banks opening up, 2023 Ford Maverick production was also pushed back several weeks and is currently scheduled to begin at the Hermosillo Assembly plant in Mexico on November 14th, 2022.