2023 Lincoln Corsair Production Includes Subwoofer Delete Option

The refreshed 2023 Lincoln Corsair was revealed earlier this month with a bevy of new tech features and a revised interior and exterior design, among various other tweaks. However, sources familiar with the matter have told Ford Authority that the 2023 Lincoln Corsair will offer another option at some point in the model year – one for a subwoofer delete, though it’s currently considered to be a late availability option.

This option – officially called Lincoln Premium Audio System Subwoofer Delete – applies to examples equipped with the system of the same name that is included on the 2023 Lincoln Corsair Standard, Reserve, and Grand Touring. That sound system includes 10 speakers, a total that includes subwoofers. It’s worth noting that this delete option does not impact the 14-speaker Revel Audio System and its single sub, which is available on the Standard, Reserve, and Grand Touring.

In addition to this new option, the 2023 Lincoln Corsair has undergone a variety of other changes for its mid-cycle refresh, including the addition of a larger front grille and revised fascia, the ActiveGlide hands-free highway driving feature, two new interior themes, and a new 13.2-inch infotainment screen, which runs Sync 4 and offers over-the-air update capability.

In terms of powertrains, the 2023 Lincoln Corsair dropped the optional turbocharged Ford 2.3L I-4 EcoBoost engine and is now only available with two choices – the standard turbocharged Ford 2.0L I-4 EcoBoost engine and the 2.5L plug-in hybrid setup present in the Corsair Grand Touring.

Pricing for the 2023 Corsair has increased alongside these changes, with the luxurious crossover now costing between $1,575 and $2,110 more than the 2022 model year. Order banks for the 2023 Corsair are open now, with the very first deliveries of the luxury crossover expected to begin in early 2023.

We’ll have more on the 2023 Lincoln Corsair soon, so subscribe to Ford Authority for more Lincoln newsLincoln Corsair news, and continuous Ford news coverage.

[nggallery id=121]

Comments

1. William l Moore

Ford needs to put a car back in its line up ! A entry level hybrid 4 door for young couples ! Who just want cheep transportation ie. 4dr Mavrick car!!!

2. Greg in Michigan

Once you go SUV it’s hard to go back. Escape/Corsair is close enough to a car, but much more practical.

1. Steve W

I had 2 Navigators. I liked them but I went back to Town Cars. When Lincoln stopped making the Town Car, I went to Mercedes S550. I’d still love to have a large Lincoln sedan. I year drove the Continental, but was very disappointed as compared to my Town Cars (which I still have 2) and my S550. Guess I’m staying with Mercedes until Lincoln or Cadillac decide to make a big sedan again. The Mercedes big sedan isn’t leaving their lineup any time soon.

3. Greg in Michigan

Back to the article? Who wants to delete the subwoofer when all you need to do is turn down the bass? Maybe someone wants to capture that space? I assume it will have a usable door to access the cubby hole? I have the Corsair Reserve with Revel sound and love it. People want to trash OEM audio, but who really wants their new vehicle taken apart just to install aftermarket sound systems? Revel gets you to 80% of where you want to be, chasing that other 20% of quality sound is a fool’s errand.

4. Robert.Walter

What’s a car?

If the 1969 Country Squire AWD prototype had become a production vehicle I’d have been all over my dad to have bought it.

Despite a but less ground clearance and being longer and lower proportion wise, it would have fulfilled the expectations for 90% of SUV’s sold today.

So what’s a car? What’s an SUV? At some point there is a zone of segment transition, and that’s why they are also known as cross-overs.

5. Ron

I will not purchase any new vehicle that is half built. No way can Ford or GM put all these missing parts in later…lol. but of course we can install later for 600 dollars..ha ha.

1. Arcee

Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain owners are already in the process of getting their heated seats retrofitted that were “missing” when new. It is literally a 45 minute job…install the heated seat module and activate it in the vehicle’s BCM. The seat hardware was already there, it just needed the control module installed and activated.

GM and Ford have committed to installing missing features for customers and will do so in time (as long as the customer gets there to have the work done before the grace period ends.)

2. Robert.Walter

@ Ron
      Nonsense belied by reality. You would do well not to lean into that flex bro.

6. PW

Once you go suv you never go back? Please! I’ll take a car any day.