Thus far, the Ford F-150 Lightning has proven an elusive buy for interested shoppers, thanks mostly to the fact that demand for the EV pickup far exceeds the automaker’s production capacity. With dealer inventory turning in just eight days as well and order banks for the fleet-focused Pro with the extended range battery already closed, many have been left wondering if and when they’ll be able to get their hands on a 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning, even as production is expected to reach 150k units next year. Now, Long McArthur Ford in Salina, Kansas has revealed much of this information in the informative video below.
Those that have a current reservation will be invited to submit an order for a 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning based on their reservation timestamp, with those invitations going out in waves, as was previously the case, mostly so that Ford can keep an eye on which configurations buyers are opting for and build them accordingly. Everyone – regardless of which dealership their reservation was placed with – will be invited to order their vehicle by the summer of 2023, however, which is good news for everyone looking to secure the EV pickup.
The next wave of order conversion invitations is set to go out today, October 17th, and while the Pro is sold out for the 2023 model year, the XLT will be coming back at some point. Those that get an invitation to place an order will want to do so as quickly as possible, as Ford plans on building those vehicles in the order that they’re received.
Aside from this information, the video also covers some info pertaining to 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning production, which shows that FoMoCo still plans on ramping up to 150k units by the end of the calendar year. A total of 30 percent of 2023 MY production will take place in the first eight months of the year, with the remaining 70 percent following in the final four months after the Rouge Electric Vehicle Center receives a changeover in June and July to accommodate this ramp up. Finally, 2024 F-150 Lightning production is expected to begin in November 2023, at which point it seems that the automaker will finally be caught up on its carryover orders.
We’ll have more on the 2023 F-150 Lightning soon, so be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for the latest Ford F-Series news, Ford F-150 news, F-150 Lightning news, and comprehensive Ford news coverage.