2023 Ford Maverick Production Start Pushed Back One Week

With demand for the 2022 Ford Maverick far exceeding FoMoCo’s ability to produce the new compact pickup, many orders are facing cancellation and will be pushed to the 2023 model year as a result. As such, there are quite a few people waiting on the 2023 Ford Maverick – including not only carryover order holders, but also the 86,000 people that placed a new order for one in the mere week that order banks were open. However, it seems as if they’ll be waiting just a bit longer, as 2023 Ford Maverick production has been pushed back one week, sources familiar with the matter have told Ford Authority.

2023 Ford Maverick Order Bank and Production Dates
2022 Final Production Date 2023 Production Start
Old Dates
November 14, 2022 November 16, 2022
As of October 24
November 23, 2022 November 23, 2022

Previously, production of the 2022 Maverick was scheduled to end at the Hermosillo Assembly plant on November 14th, 2022, with 2023 Ford Maverick production kicking off two days later, on November 16th. Now, 2022 Maverick production is scheduled to end on November 23rd, 2022, with 2023 production kicking off immediately after that. In the meantime, those interested in spec’ing out the pickup can do so online, as the build and price configurator launched earlier this month.

Those in the market for a 2023 Ford Maverick will find a handful of changes have taken place for the new model year, starting with a noticeable price hike across the board, ranging from $1,095 for the XLT and Lariat up to $1,200 for the base XL trim. However, The Blue Oval did make the turbocharged Ford 2.0L I-4 EcoBoost I-4 a no-cost option on all trims, while Lariat EcoBoost models now come standard with all-wheel drive.

2023 Ford Maverick shoppers will also be able to choose from a few new packages, including the Black Appearance Package, as well as the Tremor Off-Road Package and Tremor Off-Road Appearance Package. Additionally, XL-trimmed Mavericks have also gained standard cruise control for 2023, while the XLT Luxury Package has dropped several features that were formerly available, and the Maverick is gaining a depopulated key, as Ford Authority reported last week. However, supply constraints currently affect nearly every option available on the compact pickup.

We’ll have more on the 2023 Ford Maverick soon, so be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for more Ford Maverick news and continuous Ford news coverage.

Comments

1. Rob Lund

grillle looks like a GMC or Chevy

2. Larry

How can Ford Co. talk about 2023 maverick production start and push back with 2022 orders still waiting after over a year. I have been waiting for something positive for Ford to come through for costumers with outstanding contracts.

1. RWFA

Because model year production starts are a thing.

This is why Ford has offered you pole position for 2023 production if you want it.

1. TOM

all i wanted was a truck and was willing to wait these stupid time frames, but instead they threw my order completely out because of a technicality (not of my own fault, all due to dealership incompetence), i can tell what part of the pole position i got ” all the way in”

2. Pikey87

False. New 23 orders are in fact jumping in front of rolled 22s. Thousands of us with 22s are in limbo with no information from Ford. Dealers only have the memos, customer service doesn’t know anything, my 22 is being built late January and will be a 22 🥴. Ford’s memo says otherwise, but that’s how this entire company seems to do business.

1. Neil Kynaston

How can it be being built in January when 2022 production ceases in November?

2. Larry Cooley

I have been waiting over a year and no have never received a vin number or anything. My dealer doesn’t seem to have a clue about anything. Heck of a way to run a company

1. David

Same for me. Prior to rolling my 22 I was at a priority 2 with Ford. Now back to a 10 with no date in site. Ordered Nov 3 2021.

3. John Hutton

Just waiting around, drving my 2000 F-150, and filing orders for the 2023 XL — which my local dealer refuses to send on to Ford because I won’t come in for a face-to-face “chat” to add unwanted options. Here’s looking at YOU, JC Lewis Ford of Savannah!

1. The Gentle Grizzly

There ARE other Ford dealers.

1. TOM

how were we to know that these dealers are totally incompetent, we had faith that they actually would take care for the customers that provide revenue that supports their jobs. of course they are car salesmen (bottom feeders, scum of the earth, would screw their own mothers for $10 more commission) and would lie, cheat and steal just to make a deal.

2. ken

i ordered my face to face no issues oredered just the way i wanted

4. TOM

have waited for 10 months for my order (12/21/21) impatiently but waited anyway. called the Ford Customer Help line and asked if they could give me any update, only to find out that my order has been “balanced out” what does that mean? it means that the dealership was to have gone into the system and re-confirmed the order and updated it to a 23 and create a new order # and code, guess what it didn’t happen and now my original order is cancelled and is no longer in the que to be built. went to the dealer and their response was ” we’re sorry, there’s nothing we can do” so i’ve waited 10 months for nothing. now the 23 order bank is closed (and will not be reopened until the 24 models) leaving me with nothing except total despise for Ford and this dealership, especially after i kept in constant contact with the internet sales rep with required updating procedures for current orders. she would glance at them and you could see in her eye’s that she wasn’t going to do any of it, so i got screwed!! in sept (15th-19th) the window to re-confirming occurred and if not done in that window you got cancelled/balanced out. called Ford Customer Service back and got the same response “we’re sorry but nothing we can do about it” so i asked what my options were, get this, you can wait until the 2024 order bank opens and re-order then, in the mean time i could file a complaint against the dealership (which has no effect against them) which i did, so what still no truck and ain’t never gonna be one. i write this in disgust and just want others to know how this fiasco has been perpetrated upon us, bet there’s others with similar experiences. FORD LOST ANOTHER ONE AND DON’T CARE thanks for NOTHING!!!!

1. TOM

ANYONE thinking that they got automatically moved to a 23 is in for a rude shock, hope your dealership took care of you, mine didn’t and now i’m truckless!!

1. Ken

Me too same thing and all you get from Ford is we are sorry. F**k that they should take care of the people that waited first before adding others. I may be looking esle where since Ford likes to jerk its customers around and not do the wright thing. 22 orders should have been automatically changed over. I should not have to keep reordering my truck everytime Ford drops the ball.

2. RWFA

Incompetent dealer. Please name and shame them.

1. TOM

SUSPREME FORD OF SLIDELL north shore of Lake Pontchartrain and New Orleans. the internet sales reps name is Katie and proved to be totally incompetent and did nothing to make sure the customers are taken care

3. Giving a down payment constitutes a contract that they should be bound to. I felt uneasy about my conversion so went to the dealer and they tried to talk me into a xlt that they had coming, I mentioned the contract and the next week i got an email from ford saying I have a lariat coming. I know its just speculation but sure seemed like they wanted my lariat and that the only people getting a 2023 were sales people and insiders.

5. Randy Bosworth

Conspiracies! Deep state!

6. Sean

I am in, waiting for updates for my order of 2023 Maverick that I put in through Fullerton Ford of Somerset New Jersey. They charged me a mark up, which I am not happy about.

1. RWFA

You should contact ford directly. The markup on an order should not happen. (Such markups on dealer stock shouldn’t happen either but that’s harder to enforce than on a BTO order.)

7. Michelle

Those if you that were shafted, my question is did either of you receive a VIN#????

1. TOM

nope, never got that close to production after 10 months of waiting

8. Pikey87

I still find it incredible that we have people here like robwalter defending ford relentlessly despite knowing that ford intentionally strung people along for over a year with no information. 2 weeks ago they sent out known incorrect production dates, while sending out a memo to dealers saying that any December scheduled 22s are cancelled, but they included no information whatsoever about how or if they’ll roll the cancelled orders to 23s, if the vins will change, if we get price protection, or any other changes. They also sent out another batch of production date change emails, saying that our builds are scheduled for December, which we all know is a BLATANT LIE. Ford has the Lowest customer service standards I’ve ever seen from a multi billion dollar company.

9. Diesel

I ordered the 2022 XLT hybrid with Lux package and 360 in August 2021. I’ve been waiting patiently since Ford first told me I would get the pick-up, in June. Then another update to July, then August, then October, and now the last week of November! What’s frustrating is that Ford informed me the truck had been built in early October, but why they won’t ship it is beyond me. Maybe they need to fix a recall or two before delivering?

10. RML

I just read that they won’t release the 23 model until the 22 air bag recall is fixed! Makes sense to not sell the 23’s with faulty air bags

11. TOM

if anyone that knows of any type of class action law suit, please forward any info, i would love to take these morons to the cleaners, almost a year of my life waiting on something that was never delivered and then told “oops, we’re sorry now go away” ” you can wait until 24 and start over”

12. Paul

12-2-22 Ordered my XLT W/ Lux. Pkg.& 360 , received my on First week of Oct. Happy/Happy. Glenn Polk Ford in Gainesville, Texas 👍👊👏💯

13. Gary

No bonus money should be given to Ford Executives for as long as their loyal customers have been waiting for their vehicle. For me it’s 15 month’s!!!!!!!!!!! Let the wait that long as see what they think.

14. ken

waited 9 months for my ecoboost xlt finally got it ,i ordered 2023 hybrid lariet drive one till new one gets here and sale and make money

15. ken

oh i forgot i did buy my trucks from J c lewis Hinesville and savannah

16. Empty handed

Ford sucks

17. Mark Langley

I ordered a XLT Hybrid Sept 19/22 from my ford dealer in Canada i understand you have to build out the 21 orders but i heard you only going to build ecoboost trucks and no hybrid Nov 23/22 when will you start to build Hybrid trucks ?

18. Jerry moss

Have waited one year as of nov 4th. Have not heard a word, but I guess I will have too wait it out. This is my last deal with Ford motor company and I have purchased four fords over the last 15 years. Lost a good customer.

19. Kurt

Webb ford in Highland in. They were to call me when i could order a Maverick ,they did not i saw a couple in the lot so i stopped. The XLT was marked up 10,000 dollars and the others 5,ooo dollars i told them i was a long time customer and i used to deal with Marty all the time the one sales man told maybe i should have called Marty to order the truck. He retired a couple of years ago.

20. Dave

I have received 3 scheduled production date changes in the last month. The latest from Ford says my 2022 hybrid is scheduled for production Dec. 19th. Over a year wait and I’m still not sure if it will ever appear. Guess I’ll be hanging on to my 98 F-150 another year.

21. Steve

I ordered Sept 2021. The last I heard from Ford was that my build date is Dec 19 2022. However I just heard from my dealer that Ford has asked them to convert my order to a 2023. I talked to him because the color I selected is no longer avalible. But other than that I ordered the same truck. No idea how this will change my build date.